ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Time for a change

car? need a license 1st!

Hey guys,

after over a year of clio owning, ive decided i need somthing newer.

Im not really considering anything other than a clio, which is probably stupid, but I just want somthing newer, and faster than my current car.

Basically i need some opinions.

I currently own a 1.4RT R reg, with about 30k on the clock (engine replacement). After saving up some money, Im looking for a newer clio (mk2).

Ive been considering the 1.6 16v clio, a mk1 172, or at a push a newer valver.

What I want, is some opinions from owners of these cars, and possible someone whos owned more than one of them. Whats done it for you? Whats good and whats bad about each model.

I especially want to know what insurance companys some of the younger 172/182 drivers are using. If im considering a 172, then I need some idea of where to get a cheaper quote than the mainstream insurance companies.

Al input welcome, no thread jackers tho!

Thanks! :D

might aswell get the 1.4 16v over the 1.6 16v not much difference at all a better MPG and group 5 insurance

car? need a license 1st!

but is the mk2 1.4 16v faster than the mk1 1.4RT?

is it a noticable difference? because im after somthing with a considerable power increase.

If thats the case, should i rule out the 1.6 16v?

how much are you looking to spend on the car ?
will insurance be expensive for you ??
how old are you, ncd etc ???

Quote: Originally posted by Chewy on 02 September 2005

but is the mk2 1.4 16v faster than the mk1 1.4RT?

is it a noticable difference? because im after somthing with a considerable power increase.

If thats the case, should i rule out the 1.6 16v?
My brother has a 1.4 16v and i have a RT. He can keep up the most VTRs put it that way.

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

aye 172 or a nice hybrid valver.....1.4/1.6 mk2 arent worth bothering with if you want more go!

car? need a license 1st!

thing is to get a hybrid valver id have to spend more money than i need to, id much rather just get the car and not have to mod it.

Aside from the induction kit and the decat pipe, the essentials if u must, there isnt much im planning on doin modifying wise if i get a faster car, a 172 or williams or valver would probably be fast enough, fast cars like that arent meant to be modyfied.

Anyways, can i ask anyone with any type of 172/182 what the driving experience is like, ive only driven a full fat 172, and it was my mates, didnt really wanna boot it tbh :)

I think its probably going to be a 172 or somthing similar, especially if the 1.4/1.6 16v mk2 clios arent worth bothering with. And im after somthing newer.

more input would be ideal, thanks for the input so far tho.