ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tidy up for the Cup!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Had the wheels done at a place called Glentyan Alloys in Paisley, their work is absolutely brilliant, very happy with the service!

EE3D77EF-4810-4126-B410-5BFA90BABAF8_zpslqe7rnan.jpg

827DF2FB-28AD-418E-8466-B8781AAE3C1B_zps7l0ye97t.jpg

27BA34E3-AE5B-4BF1-A716-888D04C1E96B_zpseitwsh3b.jpg

12E1C7D6-49D3-4E16-AEEF-DB5416D1C544_zpszxvelcab.jpg

12 month guarantee with them as well which is nice - they also fitted my new Rainsport 3 tyres which was good. Not a single blemish on them!

Cars getting a full service tomorrow - safe to say its going nowhere any time soon!

Looks well.

Also, the last three letters of your reg looks like 'rapey', going by your avatar it's actually quite fitting. :wink:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Really surprised you got rid of the Silver Danny boi? Lost it's box fresh look. I'm considering buying one local to me but i'd rather just a 172 with the toys. :eek:

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Mind if I ask the cost of sorting the alloys? Paisley would be handy for me

£168 with the tyres off fully stripped and tyres back on and fully balanced - the care they take on wheel handling is sublime.

Really surprised you got rid of the Silver Danny boi? Lost it's box fresh look. I'm considering buying one local to me but i'd rather just a 172 with the toys. :blush:

Kev mate it was last minute split decision bud! Gary actually talked me into it! Glad i did tbh, but at only £168 theres no reason they won't be silver in the future lol.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Indeed mate. That's crazy money. I had a set sent away to Leptons again, their work is insane and not that expensive to trade. Sadly 5 day turnaround but better than factory finish.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Indeed mate. That's crazy money. I had a set sent away to Leptons again, their work is insane and not that expensive to trade. Sadly 5 day turnaround but better than factory finish.

Honestly Kev, i was more impressed with the handling of the wheels lol, they actually take so much care its scary! Tyres off and on without as much as a lacquer stroke lol x

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
That's the hard bit, not marking them on the way back on!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
So after visiting RenTec for a full service and it costing a small fortune it was noted the OSR wheel bearing felt rough/noisy - true to form and £236 lighter from the service the wheel bearing started whining like my ex. New brake time.

Sure enough;

F8C27BA1-F3A0-48E5-870A-72D56785639A_zpsujtd8jnv.jpg

Then on with the new stuff;

977D6289-C565-40CC-8560-0C198ACCA68B_zpszcxpkwix.jpg

Also ordered new bushes from PowerFlex for the dogbone mount, expecting to fit that tomorrow.

Renaults.🔨:nut::spanner::astonished:

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
you have the boss and then everything is neatly packed away where as ours hangs out!

Do you have the resistors on i take it mate aye?

Just fold them carefuly back against the sides of the boss.. It didn't cause much of an issue when i was doing it from memory pal?