ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ticking noise coming from drivers headlight area?

Nothing at the mo :(
Anyone know what it can be.. you can only really hear it wihle stationary..

And if you blip the throttle up to about 3k it goes away and comes back about 30 secs later.. its not loud loud but you can hear it when outside putting your head near the headlight..

Also the car isnt sluggish or anything, if anything its running top notch.. and its deff a clicking noise.. not a diesel sound :D

right heard it again today...

it deff coming from the drivers headlight area... and if you blip it oer sa 3k it goes away for about 30 seconds... then comes back again..

rstuned 182ff bg
right heard it again today...

it deff coming from the drivers headlight area... and if you blip it oer sa 3k it goes away for about 30 seconds... then comes back again..

got same problem mate, at 1st i thought i had stones stuck in my tyre or sumert,but i put my foot down and it goes away, then i slow down and 30 secs later i can hear it again ,
im at birchdown on tuesday for new cam/aux belt +tentioners, so i will ask them to have a look at her,

got same problem mate, at 1st i thought i had stones stuck in my tyre or sumert,but i put my foot down and it goes away, then i slow down and 30 secs later i can hear it again ,
im at birchdown on tuesday for new cam/aux belt +tentioners, so i will ask them to have a look at her,

Did you find out what it was?

2003 Clio 172
Hmm......i have this too and i was thinking the akternator but if the carbon cannister can indeed make this noise then its a possibility........right area

Jj

Clio 182
Ive heard this noise on mine as well but its went away. i also had both belts changed over a few months back and at the same time a canister valve was replaced because of an emissions light.

172/1.2/E30
Carbon cannister catches fuel gases from the tank and buffers them and directs them into the air inlet in partial load situations. just an environment thing like a closed oil breather. if you are annoyed, get rid of it but keep the valve plugged in.