ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thumb grips.....Help me to help you

dan's cast offs.
i keep forgetting to post about mine, mainly because they are fine;)

although i only fitted one to compare it to the other one.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Sh*t, I forgot to take a photo of my ones today,
and i'm drag racing tomorrow, sorry mate.

But I can confirm the new revised version fits like a f*cking glove with no glueing!

These will sell like crack in a wh*re house.

Clio V6 255
welshnane wrote;
They look superb. My only gripe is the colour is too dark.

Can alter the colour;)

What would you want? A little more dark grey rather than black?

The resin I'm using is off white when cured but using a black pigment to colour it so slightly less pigment would give you a dark grey if people are happier.

330i. E30 Touring.
They look awesome mate.

Seriously, pay the trader fee and add £5 to a pair of these.

You'll make your money back in no time.

Reckon you'll sell a hundred sets of these in the first few months if they fit and last.

Clio 172
I'm posting because I want some of these and I'm registering my interest. Grey would be better than black IMO, but I'm not fussed, I can always paint them! :)

top work Russo, loads of people will appreciate your efforts here!! :)

Jack

Clio V6 255
When the resin arrives I'll try a couple of colour trials and post up some results :approve:

Is there really that many people with knackered grips to become a trader??

330i. E30 Touring.
Honestly, if the pricing was right, you'd sell loads.

Search for how many people had had Snappy do a wheel for the them.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah grey is better, the closer to OEM you can get them the better IMO. Obviously you can go further with it and sell them colour coded to match the car, dash strips and inserts if you wanted. I think what people really want is an alternative to a brand new wheel/retrim that looks completely OEM

Clio 172
Yeah grey is better, the closer to OEM you can get them the better IMO. Obviously you can go further with it and sell them colour coded to match the car, dash strips and inserts if you wanted. I think what people really want is an alternative to a brand new wheel/retrim that looks completely OEM

This!!

my wheel is a little worn but it's not too bad and melted, some new grey thumb grips would probably make it look way more presentable. I'm not spending £100-200 on a wheel retrim, far too much money IMO on my old Clio! :p

If you think about it, the thumb grips are in almost constant use whilst in the car so face a lot of wear/tear. I'd imagine the majority of wheels out there that haven't already been refurbed will need redoing!

Clio V6 255
Right then boys and girls, we have now settled on some grips for a finished article:approve:

The grip on the left is/was full black pigment with a layer of wax to give it a little shine and the right grip is what I've settled on with slightly less pigment giving a dark grey matte finish. So you'll receive a pair of grips as per the right hand side item. If you want a shine then you could add a layer of wax or paint to whatever colour you wish;)
9B5891A4-AC8D-4AB9-AA25-6859AD1894F4_zpshb3hbc1f.gif

I'm in the process of making a few sets up at the moment and looking to sell as a group buy to gauge interest. If things go to plan and people / feedback is positive then we will look into the possibility of opening a traders account;)

Keep your eyes open for more details and thanks for being patient.
Phil

Clio V6 255
car.crash wrote;
You must have some idea of costs?

We will be looking at £35 for a pair of grips posted to mainland UK first class.

If people think it's a little high for a couple pieces of plastic just consider each set of grips roughly take 2 hours to make and factor in materials, postage ( £1.95 ) & packing. Not to mention the £££ spent on materials / time trying to get these made!!!!

Phil