ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thule Bike Rack - Protection?

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
Invested in a Thule Bike rack yesterday, and noticed that the feet have a metal 'clamp' that secures it to the car.

Open Car door, secure clap by claping it to the body work - shut door.

Does anyone use any kind of protection where that clamp goes to avoid any paint scratches?

I appareciate the base of the Thule foot was the rubber pad, which is fine on the roof of the car, but surely something should sit between the car and the metal clamp?

or am i being a wuss and shouldnt worry about it?

6593794202p?src=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.downloadedimages.com%2FImages_Jan%2F31vBEUmxFYL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

its the greyed out area under the foot that im taking about, where it clamps on the door ridge - Thule do supply some clear plastic strips which look to go under the rubber foot, not sure wether to use these where the claps go

Never seen a problem in years of fitting them.

Leave it as it is, as if you put anything between then you're altering the design which works.