ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Throttle position switch.

Clio 182
Can anyone tell me where they are located, and are they a dealer only item,
thanks in advance, Terry.
2005, 182.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
there isn't a switch as such. throttle position is built in to the throttle body, and the pedal

Clio 182
Yeah part of the pedal

I've got a spare one for sale if you want to swap it and see if it fixes it

Bugger, should of posted last week, i was down at Blyton raceway on sunday, could of called in. How much for yours Phil? and are the peddles easy enough to change? Intermitent fault, sometimes it just fluffs for a second, then sometimes cuts out completely. Changed the coil, because i had a brand new one, my mobile mechanic mate, put his fault finder on, came up with brake light switch, and or throttle position switch, any thoughts?

Throttle position switch is definitely on the end of the throttle pedal mate - brake light switch is down there too
Could be the actual throttle pedal I have heard of them failing - or it could be wiring

I'd have a quick look at the connections - you can see them by sticking your head under the dash near the pedals - see if anything looks wrong like loose cables or broken connectors - if not it's worth chucking another pedal on just to see if it helps
I can post it to you for £15 mate - just drop me a PM if you need it