ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Throttle position sensor question

derv biege barge
I was just wondering....

I have pluged my OBD2 code reader into my 182. Live data stream shows the Throttle position sensor as 66ish % when the pedal is depressed fully, took the air pipe off and got my mate to fully depress pedal, butterfly valve seems to open fully 90° opposed to the starting position, car drives fine and is on par with other clios performance wise. It shows 66% with or without the engine running with pedal to the floor.

My mate has a 2.0 Megane dynamique, when I plug code reader into this car and fully depress throttle pedal it shows 100%. This is the same with or without engine running and pedal on the floor it shows 100%.

Is this normal behaviour for a clio 182?

Any help is appreciated.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
It's not "normal" no, you *should* be seeing high 90's at WOT and around 6-14% at idle (assuming its a DBW stepper controlled TB).

The reading you're seeing doesn't necessarily mean there's a fault though and it's most likely a poor translation from the cars data stream to you reader. So why does it work okay on my mates Megane you may ask? It's common on generic readers especially on the older generation/non compliant vehicles which is why you can't always trust what you seein the mode7 live data streams (and why I bought CLIP).