ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Throttle body / position sensor limp mode

wpd

clio
Hi all, been over a year since ive driven my clio since buying my bmw and have started putting it back on the road, its a 2004 1.2 16v with the D4F engine.
I have an MEL light & code for the throttle position sensor, so what happens is I turn the car on and it goes into limp mode (electric warning light & wont rev over 4k), i carry out the TPS reset procedure, start the car and it works absolutely fine however once i turn it off and back on again it goes back into limp mode.
The reset procedure has to be carried out every time otherwise it will go into limp mode.
What do you guys reckon this is, the TPS on the throttle body or the TPS on the pedal? Has anyone else had this problem?
The black cover around the ecu is still in place but the wiring has been covered with hard plastic casing so presumably it has been repaired in the past? However the wiring seems unlikely if the reset procedure is able to cure the problem.

Thanks very much