ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thoughts please.

Clio 172
After doing a fair bit of researching on here, I've decided not to try and increase the cars power instead going down the route of upgraded the suspension and brakes. So heres my shopping lise so far

Brembo disks
DS2500 pads
braided hoses
Eibach pro springs
powerflex suspension bushes/stiffer anti roll bars
solid top mounts
decent rubber all round eagle f1s or michelin exaltos
oh and going to try and shift a little weight aswell put want it confortable enough as a dialy driver

All this from Ktec totals up to about £650. Whats you opinion on these mods, I know coilovers are thee dogs nads for suspension upgrades but trying to save for a house atm so funds are a little limited.

Thanks

Last edited:
  A Flamin' Red one
That's a sensible list of upgrades there chap. If you want coilovers and fit springs, I guarantee in a months time you'll wish you put another couple of hundred quid in the pot.

I'd recomment Continetal Sport Contacts for tyres though - a very decent all rounder.

Clio 172
thanks whatisjustis thats what im thinking about coilovers, are h&r the ones to go for? just cant justify the 700 notes, as im not going to track it its just road use

Clio 172
oh and currently got contis on at the mo. was just thinking of a change, contis do seem well priced though.

whatisjustis noce colour youve got there mines also a flamer :D

A Flamin' Red one
At the top end of things you're looking at H&R and AST. If you're not tracking it then there is nothing esentially wrong with GAZ or FK. Obviously, there are variations within the specs of these two brands so have a browse and see what you can find :)

Audi TT
Similar boat to you mate and already have:
Brembo HC front
Standard rears
DS Performance pads
braided lines (not fitted yet)

I've fitted lighter alloys, Pro Race 1.2's with Pirelli P Zero Nero rubber

I'm stuck trying to decide what to do about suspension though. Unsure if there'd be benefits to getting spacers and a set of eibach sportlines to give the 172 a lower wider stance or hold off and look at a coilover setup. Same as you though I'm not going to track it just want it to handle better than it does in the corners and on roundabouts.

G

b/g 182, meg tourer
Brembo disks (max)
DS2500 pads
braided hoses
Eibach pro springs (i would go for sportlines)
decent rubber all round eagle f1s or michelin exaltos
oh and going to try and shift a little weight aswell put want it confortable enough as a dialy driver

i wouldn't bother with the powerflex bushes or solid top mounts

RIP cup, now 172ph1
i also have similar -
brembo hc with ds25000
standard rears
no lines yet but will do them some time in the future when i change the fluid.
i have just brought some eibach pro's just waiting till i can afford my shocks (cup or standards)
then i will be doing the poly bushing also.. but im also saving for a house so its a slow ongoing work in progress!

Clio 172
ive had the dog bone mount done found it has made a bit of a diff. noise wise but still doesnt half make a rattle under hard acceleration done al the engine mounts aswell although these are only standard mounts couldnt afford polyflex ones at the time.

arent standard shocks the same as the cup shocks or am i thinking of something totally diff.?

think my rear shocks have gone but its still under warranty so that should be covered off to get it checked on thurs though

Audi TT
never seen those pro race 1.2s they dont look half bad are they a cheaper alternative to turinis?

Not seen the prices new to compare but I believe they are lighter than Turini's. I'm not sure about the gloss black though so may have to get them redone to a dark grey at some point.

G

Clio 172
someone seems to be selling them on ebay £379 with £20 postage for a set of 4 seems very cheap if you ask me avail. in 5 colours

Audi TT
really? in 16"? Gutted if so as paid £420 from someone on here slightly used albeit in very near mint condition.

G

Clio 172
just realised no rubber thats the price for the wheels only so add another £300 for some decent rubber hmmmm im due some new tyres soon :D