ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thoughts on high mileage 182

Z4x2 & buying a 182
I am looking at a couple of great looking 1 owner 182 with great service etc, recent cambelts and so forth but on 150/160k+ miles...

thoughts?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
The engines are the strongest part of these cars. They’re bomb proof of looked after properly.

I’d personally go on condition and history over what the speedo reads.

Z4x2 & buying a 182
There is a small amount of rust on one sill which has been an advisory on the MOT for last couple of years?

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
There is a small amount of rust on one sill which has been an advisory on the MOT for last couple of years?
If the seller is genuine they wont mind taking some photos inside the rear quarters via the rear door cards.

Z4x2 & buying a 182
hmm yeah they are sending photos over and some of it looks pretty bad, think living by the sea has started to show!?

Z4x2 & buying a 182
yeah photos coming through now worrying me - they are along drivers side sill and where the jack goes
IMG_4772.jpg
IMG_4774.jpg
IMG_4775.jpg

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Mileage wont be an issue, but avoid that rust as better available at the moment.

monaco 172
Is that the one on eBay for 1400 quid?

I saw that, was going to buy it but I'm glad you've seen this rust, looks gone that, be a right money pit if you want it right.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I buy and sell a lot and the one thing that makes a car difficult to sell (in my experience) is high mileage.

You’ve either got to get the car a fit bit cheaper or plan for long term ownership.

That’s my two Penneth worth anyway.

106 gti
Tbh for the price of them, the price difference between a high mileage and ‘reasonable’ mileage, say under 100k, is minimal. As above the engines are pretty strong but I imagine higher mileage ones will be getting pretty tatty elsewhere

Westfield, 182, 200
Have 140K on my 182-it uses no oil and still pulls like it always has, in fact it feels quicker than my 197!
Mick at Diamond motors says a customer of his has one on 250k miles.