ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

This is how the RS Clio MK3 main rival could look!!!

New 207 gti ?

I'm not sure whether it's a photoshop or not, according to a french site (www.forum-auto.com) it could be at the Geneva motor show

ps20001tf.jpg

What do you guys think about that beast? I quite like it!

106 GTi
Judging by the pics I have seen of the 207 so far, its not going to look anything like that.

r-jay said:
Judging by the pics I have seen of the 207 so far, its not going to look anything like that.

Why not? it doesn't look so far from the real thing after all

207 (standard version)

207238xg.jpg

Last edited:
fUbAr said:
Thats a photoshop.... looks like a "rally version" like i did a clio 3 photoshop of...

Except that your shop is based on a RS model!

Anyway, this is not a photoshop, it's the future 207 S2000 and it'll be at Geneva 2006

Last edited:
  220 Trophy, 172 Ph2
That 207 gti looks beasty but has it got the guts to match.

imo should have the 406 coupe v6 engine for mega power.

Sine said:
Anyway, this is not a photoshop, it's the future 207 S2000 and it'll be at Geneva 2006

if its not a photoshop then its a plastic model... because that windscreen simply isnt real. :)

it does indeed look very nice though, lets hope it handles as well... and that they go ahead and make it!

Clio IV 0,9 Tce
I like the clio better!!! Maybe i'am just damaged!!! Anyways i think the new 207 looks wierd!!! I don't really care for Peugeots recent designs!!

Megane Mk4
Does look the part but It's still a peugeot and they're only good for diesels :D
( He says knowing he's going with his father tomorrow to test drive the new 407 V6 Coupe' ;) ) lol ... I'll let you know how it drives too :D

Andi

106 GTi
K-TecRacer said:
That 207 gti looks beasty but has it got the guts to match.

imo should have the 406 coupe v6 engine for mega power.

Like thats going to happen.

You will have to make do with the 1.6 Turbo lump it's getting!

RS-1, Bebop, CTR
There should still be plenty of grunt, as it will be pumping out aprox. 180 HP. It will be interesting to see how it stands up againts rivals from the new generation of hot hatches, like the RS-3 and Civic TypeRR with 240HP...

Peugeot 207 RCup

From TopGear:

"Peugeot 207 RCup unleashed

We've seen some nutty hot hatches from France over the years, but the 207 RCup could well be nuttier than a squirrel's larder.

Peugeot says the RCup is a concept for the Geneva motor show to demonstrate the potential of the forthcoming 207 supermini.

The French firm then goes on to say the RCup is built with Super 2000 rallying in mind. We say it gives a big hint to where the 207 GTi is heading.

The 207 GTi is unlikely to have the 280bhp, six-speed sequential gearbox and four-wheel drive of the RCup. But styling-wise, the 207 GTi will be a winner if it looks anything like this.

Sitting lower and wider than a 207 hatch, the RCup has 18in alloy wheels, deep front and rear bumpers, and a pair of twin exhausts poking out the back.

The front and rear spoilers are not just for show - they increase downforce and pummel those fat tyres into the Tarmac.

Inside, the RCup is all rally car purpose, with a stripped-out interior and all-enveloping rollcage.

Questions of when we'll see a road-going version of the RCup are met with a Gallic shrug, but the signs are looking good for the next 207 GTi and Peugeot's next World Rally Championship machine in 2007. "

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

106 GTi
Ah yet another Peugeot RC Concept that will never make it through to the Road, Pug are good at doing these.

Peugeot_RC_Spades_2002_f3q.JPG

Clio 172PH2
look up the new pug 20cup there was an article about it in the news of the world a while ago basically the front of that is gonna b the new 207gti it looks unreal.

E90
if that car comes out in roadgoing trim with those big arches, i'll show my ass, in every pug dealers in the uk.

B-road bully
looks better than the new clio, so i guess heres the line up:

RS clio III
Pug 206 gti
Vxr corsa

Megane Mk4
Dutch 172 said:
if that car comes out in roadgoing trim with those big arches, i'll show my ass, in every pug dealers in the uk.
We'll want the proof photos too?! ;)

Andi

172 Cup SOLD
I really like it

apparently the gti version is sharing the new mini's cooper S 1.6 turbocharged lump, reportedly putting out around 180bhp, it's part of a new engine share partnership thing with bmw.