ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

This Clio V6 - Any good?

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A friend is looking for a Clio V6 Ph1, wish I was in the same position :(
He's come across this one, isn't a forum member and asked me.

The spec looks okay, it's local, looks tidy enough.

Yes the 260bhp claim is crap but otherwise the additions are all top notch.

Am I missing something that someone else may pick up on?

Problem areas to check if I go with him?

Anybody know the car?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2003-RENA...2279806?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item416aa8297e

bit too cheap?

Thanks in advance

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
14   0   0
  Whichever has fuel
I'd want to know who done the cambelt first and foremost!!

TBH, from the outside it looks lovely but the interior is as desireable as AIDS. Its just Awful.

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah already said to him about the cambelt. Is the timing procedure on the V6's as complicated as 1*2's though or is it just a case of space in which case it shouldn't matter too much.

Yeah the interior isn't brilliant but he can't not tinker so will probably end up with PH2 dash and I know he has Recaro pole positions to go in the next car.

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you'd get some money off that. It's bin for sale loads of time just new photos. But I think it looks ok.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
27   0   0
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Cambelt was done by Rentec in 2008 on October the first.
Its due in 1 yr

thanks
Steve

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
27   0   0
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
I was seriously going to buy this but I needed 2 years min in the belts..

S

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for the info Steve and for the opinions of others.
Think he's going to view it on the understanding that he can sell the crap for enough to return it to near standard.

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Lionel Richie
Is the timing procedure on the V6's as complicated as 1*2's though or is it just a case of space in which case it shouldn't matter too much.

i think its about 8 locking tools total, bit of a t**t, how anyone does it with the engine in i have no idea

Vee

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Mk2 V6 #007
If he really wants a v6 tell your mate to join the owners club, there's loads of info for prospective buyers on there.

Info I found on there saved me from travelling to see two v6's that had damage repairs to them at some point

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  NOBLE M400 + TOYS +
u might wanna tell ur mate to go down the salvage route its the best as u can pick car for peanuts 2/5/10% if smashed to pieces :cool:or 40/50/60% if light dented like this;

http://www.bluecycle.com/car-salvage-auctions/15108355

this one has been relisted 3 times due to amount of dreamers on there, sellin for around 4k

then u have option of absolutely thrashin the daylights out of the car and usin it for its purpose to b driven and driven :race:hard to the extremes knowin at the end of everyday stands u in peanuts and will always get your investment back, just cant go wrong with these also another bonus could b sold on for a profit or simply break it after few yrs:race:

Last edited:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
14   0   0
  Whichever has fuel
u might wanna tell ur mate to go down the salvage route its the best as u can pick car for peanuts 2/5/10% if smashed to pieces :cool:or 40/50/60% if light dented like this;

http://www.bluecycle.com/car-salvage-auctions/15108355

this one has been relisted 3 times due to amount of dreamers on there, sellin for around 4k

then u have option of absolutely thrashin the daylights out of the car and usin it for its purpose to b driven and driven :race:hard to the extremes knowin at the end of everyday stands u in peanuts and will always get your investment back, just cant go wrong with these also another bonus could b sold on for a profit or simply break it after few yrs:race:

If someone bought that, how much would it cost to get the bodywork sorted, some original wheels, some original lights, rear wheels have taken a proper hard impact so god knows what needs replacing under there, AND its a cat D. And being a salvage car you can bet its got Zero service history.

Surely spending £8k on a straight car is better?!

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Some cars It may be viable but on a v6 the repair costs will be astronomical.
As dan said too, standard wheels would be needed or something close, probably no service history and also that's got a lot, lot more mileage.
Thanks for the suggestion though

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Trader Rating - 100%
21   0   0
If someone bought that, how much would it cost to get the bodywork sorted, some original wheels, some original lights, rear wheels have taken a proper hard impact so god knows what needs replacing under there, AND its a cat D. And being a salvage car you can bet its got Zero service history.

Surely spending £8k on a straight car is better?!

Daniel, don't rise to it!

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  NOBLE M400 + TOYS +
Some cars It may be viable but on a v6 the repair costs will be astronomical.
As dan said too, standard wheels would be needed or something close, probably no service history and also that's got a lot, lot more mileage.
Thanks for the suggestion though

hence the cheap price if ur lookin for main dealer history shiney bodywork then pay full price, 99.9% of the times contactin headoffice of insurance will most likely release history to buyer, bluecycle r best for that anyway its sold now, cheap <1/2 price, on the road couple of 000 quid at most

Last edited:

Vee

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Mk2 V6 #007
The problem with buying a shed for track use is that you dont know what damage has been caused underneath. If i was belting round a track at 80mph+ I'd wanna be in something that i knew wasn;t gonna suddenly throw a driveshaft for example.

The link doesnt work any more so cant see what nick that vee is/was in but some rough prices for standard panels and bits fowk have mentioned in their posts above:

New standard wheels £1800
New front bumper £1000+vat
Rer Bumper £1200+vat
Side pods are £500 LH and £600 RH
Sideskirts £225 each

Granted it may not have needed all that. Then again it may well have needed other mechanical stuff doing. Even to buy one to thrash on track it'd be cheaper to buy a straight mk1, saving a load of potential hassle/possible problems that could be VERY expensive going down the salvage route for something like a V6.