ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

thinking the unthinkable

yes, I have nothing more to do to the cup. Its gone as far as it reasonably can ... I need to tincker ... Ive been at my power/weight/cost/fun spreadsheet again and Im thinking about a BMW Z3 M coupe as my new track weapon-of-mass-destruction. That should offer plenty of tinkering fun. has anybody tried one of these on track? I hear the brakes are crap, the rear suspension is bad, they oversteer like hell, and are a complete handfull in the wet. Puurfect project car then! So maybe a 3 year old Z3M, new suspension, new brakes, and a few choice mods to THAT engine . Mmmmmm

What da ya think

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by mark_eas on 25 May 2004

my old hairdresser had 1. said exactly the same as u jsut did no point in the wet it dont stop
He means the Coupe Mark, not the ugly little rag top you see women driving!!

Engine to die for!!

190 BHP Willy 2

Ive got a Clarkson DVD where he puts it up against a Alfa Evo 6 and Subaru. He said for handling its the jap cars but for pure fun and balls out power it has to be the BMW. He was raving about it.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

My brothers mates is up for sale at the moment - he bought it thinkin it was gunna be outstanding in every aspect when they are not!

He had a griffith and an evo 5 before which he says he much prefered!

6 months and hes gettin rid!

All your feedback about Z3MC poor handling etc matches mine. I think Clarkson was raving about the cars natural tendency to massively oversteer + doughnuts. I would imagine that some suspension tightening work on the rear could overcome that. Shame about the weight though. Its a full 1300+ Kgs, making the power to weight 230 (still better than little cups 200 odd).

maybe I should look at some jap 4wd then.. whats the most cost/performance/fun scoob, evo or skyline?

problem is that weights creeping up again and I would dearly love to avoid going back to cars weighing more than a ton

decisions - decisions. Maybe an elise/exige/VX220T ??

I also need to drive it in town every now and again, and 2 back seats can come in handy if our other cars not available.

So whats special about the evos vs scoob/skyline and which one should i go for, say for £15k?