ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

thinking of getting rid of the clio

Laguna sport tourer
basically I have three car and only need two the plan was to get rid of the clio which makes sense but i don't want to regret getting rid of it.

this is how they stand me financially clio £231pm(33mpg) fiesta £0pm(56mpg) micra £0pm(50mpg).

In april i can give the clio back to the finance company with no penalties the other 2 cars cost me nothing in hp and are obviously cheaper to run.

i can afford to keep the clio but work is a bit iffy aty the moment.

just wanted some advice on what to do really, don't wanna give the clio back and end up regreting it.

what would you guys do in this situation?

thanks for reading james:boring:

BG 182
get rid of fiesta an micra keep zee clio you WILL regret it, i know!lol RAF wont kick you out unless your old/pants at your job ;)

Maybe a 172 Cup..
Mate, only you really can answer this, as you're the only one who really knows your situation.

If £231 is going to make a difference to your standard of living, and improves things short term for you and your family, then get shut. Yes you'll miss it, but won't be forever, and other things in life are more important than having a nice motor if it stretches you a min.

This is the reason why I'm Clio-less at the minute tbh, sorting some other stuff at min, but will be back soon.

Laguna sport tourer
get rid of fiesta an micra keep zee clio you WILL regret it, i know!lol RAF wont kick you out unless your old/pants at your job ;)
im only part time RAF and full time engineer it my main job that is in jeopady there making big changes and changing shifts to rotating days and nights.
i wish i only needed one car then i would be a no brainer(keep clio) but sadly i need 2

Mate, only you really can answer this, as you're the only one who really knows your situation.

If £231 is going to make a difference to your standard of living, and improves things short term for you and your family, then get shut. Yes you'll miss it, but won't be forever, and other things in life are more important than having a nice motor if it stretches you a min.

This is the reason why I'm Clio-less at the minute tbh, sorting some other stuff at min, but will be back soon.
yes that makes sense. can't say i have ever been that bothered before about getting shot of a car but for some reason the clio seems kinda special and the amount of time i've spent fixing it/money spent on it makes it even harder

Laguna sport tourer
Get rid of the clio. You could get a personal loan and get another if you want for a lot less money...
that sounds like a good compromise can get something decent from £2000 would be alot more affordable than what im paying at the moment.
what are the non renaultsport clio's like handling wise compared to the 1*2 if there isn't that much difference then a dci would work out cheap to maintain not as bothered about the speed

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
If your not bothered about the speed then just get rid. If you want some fun then a nice RS for 4k or less would be considerably cheaper per month on say a 2year loan.

260% JCW
Hate threads like this,

"im thinking of going to the toilet, what do you think"

You've answeared your own question. Get rid of the Clio, save yourself a few quid and then buy another or better when things pick up.
Oh and mybe join the RAF full time.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
£231 a month is a lot just to own a clio.

You have to think long and hard and decide whats best financially.You will miss the blast but you will be better off...

Laguna sport tourer
Hate threads like this,

"im thinking of going to the toilet, what do you think"

You've answeared your own question. Get rid of the Clio, save yourself a few quid and then buy another or better when things pick up.
Oh and mybe join the RAF full time.

its easy to sit there and say that but everyone makes wrong decisions at least once in ther life lol. didn't want to keep it and regret it or vice versa but hearing other peoples views sometimes puts things into perspective therfore there is only one outcome which is getting rid of the clio and running around in 2 cheap cars for at least a year

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
At least you've owned one mate.Dont dwell on it just move on.Next year with things going well you may be able to afford an even better car...

Laguna sport tourer
thanks people your comments really helped me make a decision, i can be indecisive at times (or am I lol). at the end of the day its just a car ther are many more important things in life:eek:

Stripped yozza'd cup
Sell the 182, get shot of the micra. Then buy a ph1 172.

You've got £3k in your pocket and you've got rid of a car.

£231 a month seems an awful lot for a 182 mate. PCP on a 200 isn't a whole lot more than that!

260% JCW
its easy to sit there and say that but everyone makes wrong decisions at least once in ther life lol. didn't want to keep it and regret it or vice versa but hearing other peoples views sometimes puts things into perspective therfore there is only one outcome which is getting rid of the clio and running around in 2 cheap cars for at least a year AND JOINING THE RAF FULL TIME!

You forgot this bit lol.

Laguna sport tourer
Sell the 182, get shot of the micra. Then buy a ph1 172.

You've got £3k in your pocket and you've got rid of a car.

£231 a month seems an awful lot for a 182 mate. PCP on a 200 isn't a whole lot more than that!

it was expensive but i brought it 2 years ago from main dealer and i had some negative equity from my previous car on it.
i won't get anything for selling it btw just my loan paid off

Last edited:
  Black 172 PH2
At least you've owned one mate.Dont dwell on it just move on.Next year with things going well you may be able to afford an even better car...
Are you serious?!, everyone knows RS Clio's are the pinnacle of motoring. :race: lol