ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

think i`ve buggered it :(

2002 clio 172
right here goes :-

this morning on way to work noticed that the heater fans not coming on, so this afternoon had a mess about after reading on here few things to check.
pulled out my aftermarket stereo to check all wiring behind heater controls still all ok.

pushed stereo back in to position and noticed the interior light went out, thats ok i thought it will be fuse, no checked all fuses all look ok.

went to lock car to go have ciggy and coffee to mull over what i`ve done and wont lock? turned ignition key and now wont start, no imibilzer light at all?

headlights/sidelights/indicators not working? WTF?

checked all fuses in engine bay all ok.

so guys any ideas on this one as im all out :(

please help me :)

Youve knocked a wire loose behind the dash or short circuited an exposed wire.

Is the any exposed wires on the loom going to your aftermarket stereo? like you may have spliced some wires together. Check you have pinched and cut any wires on putting the stereo back in.

Nick

2002 clio 172
i had look behind where stereo goes and noticed i`d knocked off plug going to interior locking switch, plugged back on but still no cure to above probs

Get in the car
Shut the door
Ignition on
Press and hold the door locking button on the console
Press the throttle pedal all the way down at the same time
Wait for a beep
Take finger off button
Take foot off throttle slowly
Put ya foot all the way down on throttle once more and release

found it lol

2002 clio 172
ok had a closer look at wires going to back of interior locking switch and there is an exposed wire!
wiper washer motors work but not wipe, fog lights work but no others.

chapster will try your method brb!

Could that wire have touched the Chassis or some metal on the car some how? to cause a short circuit. Did you take every fuse out one by one and check them? replacing them as you went along?

Nick

2002 clio 172
no nothing, notice serv light is flashing on and off for a while then goes out after about 5 secs.

seems no power going to that interior locking switch

2002 clio 172
no never took them all out, only the ones that could be at fault, they all seem ok, if ones blown you can see it?

Check EVERY fuse mate,

Renaults are b******s for fuses say a fuse could blow for the window wipers for instance and it can take out the interior light aswell... they are daft

Check all fuses my friend. Hold them up to the light they should be a clear plastic look for a broken wire in the center if it looks burnt replace it with the same Amp level (like 10A)

Nick

2002 clio 172
ok update..... SUCCESS!

a little 5amp fuse was gone! it stopped it all working!

done the reset for immobliser and started all lights ok im back on the road!!

thanks very much chapster your a star!! :)

just need to sort the heater now as not blowing.