ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

thermostat seal have i got enough coolant

hey i need to change my thermostat gasket seal tomorow as found its pissing out all onto the wiring so needs to be done ive recently changed the coolant so just gonna change the seal will i loose alot of coolant as ive only got 4 litres of new stuff? thanks

Yep you shall lose a fair bit but 4 litres will be sufficient change the thermostat whilst there if you have no history of it being changed before

AB 182-GTI-6-205 GTI
I had to modify my cap to fit a non-genuine stat; its the top cup part that is too big, needs a chamfer adding to the leading edge inside.

Dunno if you've got access to a lathe, but the pipe outlet is bang on center of the casting, so you can put this is in the chuck then turn the inside to the right size.

Most people just use a file though :p

All done pretty easy tbh only used about 2l new thermostat fitted fine except about 2mm smaller then old cleaner the housing up with a scraper and bit of emery not a leak all good