ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The 'What MPG Do You Get?' Thread

Clio 3 TCE
clio mk3 tce, arround town/spirited to work driving 39.6mpg, did a trip to france got 619miles to a tank 70-80mph mostly, have seen 60 mpg @ 55mph on the inside lane

04BGFF182CLIORS
Work commute, mix of A+B roads, light traffic - calculated 38.5MPG.

In simple terms - £20 gets me ~125 miles (Fuel at 135p here)

172, 320td
Around 33mpg normal driving, in the 20,s somewhere if I get excited and 38-40 on a good motorway run, none standard engine tho

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
33.9mpg, that is quite a lot of motorway driving. Probably 150 motorway miles, 75 miles normal each week. Costs me about £40 ish per week :(

Passat
I drive from Leeds to Liverpool and back most Saturdays. That's about 150 miles and it does about half a talk. The missis has a new Golf TDI and the same journey barely even registers on her fuel gauge. That keeps me awake at night! I get about 34 combined. I guess its not that bad really. The fun easily offsets the cost.

Last edited:
  AMV8, Mk1 Golf
i saw 26mpg on the motorway at the weekend.. cruise contol set to 62mph... i was well chuffed haha

clio 1.2 dynamic
clio 1.2 dynamic. Used to be 42mpg but slowly gone down recently to 39mpg and i used about £30 a week or a week and a half when the fuel prices are down!

god knows on mpg as my display has decided to stop showing it, cba to work it out but the other week i got 280ish miles to half a tank, most of it motorway at a minimum of 75mph

Monaco 172
24mpg at the moment, usually sits around 30'ish though, been sat in traffic allot recently so quite pleased with that really

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Before this I had a 320bhp Impreza STI PPP and got 160 miles from £68...

With the Clio I get 260 miles from £58...

100 more miles for a tenner less ain't bad :approve:

BMW 130i
172 Cup, only run on Optimax/Ultimate, get about 34mpg combined, sat at 70mph dead on long motorway runs will do 45mpg. Essex to Liverpool run average 42-43mpg normally.

172 Cup 181bp 165lbf
god knows on mpg as my display has decided to stop showing it, cba to work it out but the other week i got 280ish miles to half a tank, most of it motorway at a minimum of 75mph

Change your battery and this should fix it....I presume your whole computer never reads?

Clio Dynamic 1.2
I get 38mpg in my 03 1.2 dynamic mostly urban driving or the occasional motorway trip to london etc - fill 40 odd quid a week!

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
Had my 182 for a couple of weeks now and managed 850 miles. My commute to work is a fairly economical run (very little stop start traffic usually), no motorways though, and i can get 40mpg if i drive normally (Driving same speed as cars around me). But i find that with a few blast here and there, i'm averaging around 33-36 mpg most days. When going out for a bit of fun then i'm still getting high 20's on average.

Titanium 182
I've had my 182 for just over a month now. I got about 29mpg for the first few weeks, but I didn't go very far (just town driving). I took it out on a long run last weekend and got exactly 35 though, which I'm pleased about. :)

2002 clio 1.2dynamic
dont know how accurate the obc but according to that im averaging about 45 in my 1.2 dynamic on a trip to the lakes on sunday it hit and stayed around 51mpg on the motorway steady 65mph all the way

got it up to 63mpg while board slipsteaming lorries at 53/56mph

Am averaging 37-38ish mpg that's about 100 miles at 60-65mph on the motorway and about 50 miles town driving usually. but most weeks do more then that. That's in my 182 with a de-cat straight through exhaust.

But think my lambda sensor might be on the way out... My engine light is on, but not sure if it's because its has a de-cat/post cat sensor. Or the pre cat sensor....

Inferno 182 FF
I have had my 182 ff BB for a couple of months now. I currently get about 31mpg average 10miles round trip for work, gentle driving and a 2-3 trips of 50-70 miles round trips on the motorway. Doing a run on the weekend 90 miles I reset the trip computer and managed about 35, going mostly 70-80 does this seem a little low? The car runs nicely, just not sure if maaybe I need to check something out. :S

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Not had the car too long. (Welcome thread here).

It's been as low as 35mpg around town and as high as 43mpg on the motorway. This 40.4mpg was mainly from a motorway drive of around 60 miles today with 4 adults onboard and we weren't sparing the horses either. I'm impressed. Especially with this being such a small engined car. Good stuff. :approve:

DSC07360.jpg

DSC07362.jpg

M2 Comp
Mine hasn't dropped below 30mpg since I got it, so I'm happy. I mainly drive in town so it's quite hard to get it any higher!

On a run, 40mpg + is no problem.

They are such economical cars considering the performance they offer :)

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
DSC07364.jpg

I've not had the car too long, but I was initially impressed with the 40 mpg pics that I posted above. :)

I discovered how to do the diagnostics check after testing it out with my obd code reader (no codes showed with that). However, checking the diagnostics I saw the code t--- which indicates an injection fault has been detected for a minimum of 4 seconds in the past at some point.

The car was and has been driving fine both before and after I reset that indicator approx. 250 miles back. The code hasn't returned.

Now here's the glitch in the matrix. On my 40 mile round trip commute of generally town / urban driving with around 8 miles of dual carriageway thrown in at speeds of up to 90 mph but generally 65 - 70, the car is now achieving up to 53 mpg. :eek:

I've checked and double checked and it seems kosher. Am I missing something that I'm not familiar with on these cars? Could this be really real? Or, is there some trick going on with the electrical system?.. If not then it's much better than I could have wished for on a car with 125k on the clock. Please tell me it's real. :D

Last edited: