ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The 'What MPG Do You Get?' Thread

Leon Cupra 300
197 Cup. First tank averaged calculated 33.1mpg, computer showed 30.7... That's with a lot of a heavy foot so should improve now i've had it a few weeks.

Turbos.
172/182 should be able to get 40mpg all day long, and the Cup better considering it is lighter! Was one of the great things about owning one.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I've just got 320 miles to a full tank (182)

180 miles was a straight motorway trip to BTM, the other 140 was my usual trips which are all town driving.

A calculated 40mpg, trip was showing 38.7.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
In all fairness if you want good MPG then just buy a diesel. It's just a nice bonus that the F4R is good on fuel!

172 Race Car
Someone asked what our race car does the other day. So I worked it out for our last race at Silverstone where we almost (kind of did) run out of fuel.................

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
My DCi I can probaly do around 70mpg easily as I mainly do motorway journeys. I'm doing less miles now as there are 4 of us driving to work now. I probaly do about 500 miles a month. May be a silly question but with diesel being more expensive than petrol and also fancying another Clio Sport I was wondering if I would feel a huge diffrence to my back pocket changing? I would be looking at a 172/182 - MPG seem really impressive considering the engine size and the cruise control would be ideal.

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
I am really pleased with the mpg I get from my 200.
35 mpg I'm averaging, then on a motorway run. 70 on cruise, 38 mpg. Always been happy with the running costs.

M3 SMG
Oh how I miss my 182.

Sold it got a jeep, did 16mpg all day long.
Newest M3 does 19 round town and 32 on the Mway

Shame the 200 is not looking so economical. Just bought a 1.2 Tce with the partner so see how this goes as the kd dynamite struggles to average 34mpg and it's only a 1.4!

Ryan172

ClioSport Club Member
  Iceburg 172 ph2
All last week I've averaged 36.6mpg and that's a 30mile round trip on country back roads everyday for work. Only mod is a de-cat :)

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
43 miles to £20 on sunday. Baller or broken car?

Nah I was giving it serious death.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
i think somethings wrong! lol

Southend-on-Sea-20120624-00258.jpg

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
I've just driven to Le mans, 600 miles so far,
got 410 miles to a tank! Can't see how people complain about the 197/200's mpg.
70 on cruise control all the way.

I've just driven to Le mans, 600 miles so far,
got 410 miles to a tank! Can't see how people complain about the 197/200's mpg.
70 on cruise control all the way.

Maybe they do real day to day driving, like through cities and in traffic and stuff and not sit on the motorway at 70 for a tank full?

BG Clio 182
On a run up to Cambridge i managed around 42.5 MPG Stuck the cruise control on and watched it climb up.

I had 40.1 on a 2 hour motorway run but I'm back down around 28 after some spirited B road drives.

Very impressed by the Cup on long trips as my 2l Mondeo diesel is only doing 44.5 :(

BG182FF
im avergaing 38-39mpg every tank now, 'normal' driving style and live in the back of beyond. cant fault it!

Unlucky Alf

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra GTC

Managed to get this far off £20 diesel. Fuel light wasn't on and it wasn't even on red, did about 5 more miles before filling up, still no fuel light. I also have a s**t load of decorating stuff (ladders/paste table/loads of tins of paint being the heaviest) in the back all the time.

Clio RS200
After owning the 200 for a few weeks and doing several different types of driving.

Town driving seems to be 22-25mpg.

Motorway is 30-35mpg

Both are dependant on the speed and how heavy my foot is etc.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Went to cornwall the weekend and managed to get an average of 42mpg over the distance of 600 miles.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
People who went to Le Mans/the ring recently. How many miles and how much did it cost you in fuel?

I'm thinking of going the ring this weekend and trying to get an idea. If I take it easy on motorway all way to Dover (280 miles) and sort of the same 270 miles from Dunkirk, how much you reckon it would cost each way?

I'm thinking at least £200 there and back? With two people, a 172 Cup emptied out of all the crap, and a rucksack full of spare wabs and socks.