ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The speedo on my clio

Megane Sport F1 230 R26
i have an 04 plate, 1.2 dynamique, and the speedo has just stopped working, its just stays on 0mph, lol, stupid i kno, could anybody tell me how i can get over this problem? because i have just been drivin around mine, and theres loads of police everywhere, an a few speed cameras in my area, so i could do with knowin how fast am going lol

any knowledge will do, as i am oblivious to how 2 get over this

cheers :)

Megane Sport F1 230 R26
yes, new head unit, and amp, sub an 2 speakers in the stack shelf

thanks 4 replying to this mate :)

Megane Sport F1 230 R26
not 2 sure, what happened was, i got the car delivered 2 my house, and only started driving it today, but ive had it for 3 weeks now, an been duin work over on it since i bort it, but i havnt been out in it ya see, cos i have only just passed my drivin test

Does the ABS still work?

Sounds like someones disconnected the wiring on the speedo signal from the abs computer.

it may be one of the remote leads is sending a signal to the would-be cruise control and knocking speedo straight down to 0mph,thats what happened when my handsfree kit was wired up.have you tried turning off the radio then driving round?

Megane Sport F1 230 R26
i dont know so much about cars, but when i went 2 Renault Liverpool, he had less of an idea than me, an this was a proper mechanic lol, joke isnt it

Megane Sport F1 230 R26
i havnt tried that mate, but it did work 4 a certain bit 2day, wen the radio was off i think, mite off been on, what do u suggest i do mate?

yep defo that the remote leads are not on bullets like sony pioneer etc so the signal is sent straight to whatever wiring is on the vehicle (had similar problem today at work) remote lead was telling a ferrari the suspension was too low (b****cks) cut the remote lead and elec antenna lead on the end furthest away from the radio and will cure the problem

this is how all lg units are wired

tis k i think i put it rather crap.lol.you have a wiring loom with the lg correct?if so there will be 2 blue leads,both in effect are remote leads so one of them is turning the speedo off.how have you wired your amp,just scotch locked onto lead or cut it and wired it?ill do a diagram to explain it on paint.lol

lgunits.gif

big enough for you to read and can you understand it?

yes im 99% certain,like i say,had a ferrari back today with the satnav version of the lg unit and had same problem,was turning on sensor
although yours is turning off speedo its in affect turning on cruise control
let me know how you get on by pm as ill probs loose the thread