ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The pre-sale S25 CUP pictures

Dug out some pictures of the Cup to include in the adverts for my car. So pretty...makes me sadder by the minute knowing she is actually going soon. Is it wrong to feel that attached to a heap of metal and plastic?! I wouldn't mind so much if it had annoyed the hell out of me but (touch wood) it's been incredibly solid and reliable since day one.

Frustrating also that you basically have to give a Cup away these days, paid £8400 last May which at the time was a very good price for the age and mileage (7k, December 03 reg), now it's dropped into that sub-£7k bracket that they all seem to have to be sold for these days, they are such a bargain for the age and performance of these cars really.

16 months, 20,000 miles of pure joy...

95340367-M.jpg

95340369-M.jpg

95340370-M.jpg

95340870-M.jpg

62843762-M.jpg

62843758-M.jpg

72045792-M.jpg

58549535-M.jpg

71851465-M.jpg

I've already warned a potential buyer that I will probably shed a tear if she decides to drive it away!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
remember when you got this and you posted pics of the carbon splitter...

looks as good now as back then, tasty cup.

polarbert said:
What car you going for next?

Something cheap (£1500) and fun that I can start using on track (too scared with the Cup, all my money was in that thing!), possibly a Saxo VTR/VTS, Valver, or I've noticed that '98 Hyundai Coupe's are damn cheap these days, not sure if they are any good though.

What's the mileage on it now?

Just ticked over to 91k, I chose this over a few lower mileage ones I've seen due to history that was with it, other than a rattle I can't diagnose (see my other thread if you can help ;) ) Its perfect, exhaust has been replaced with a Ktec one, so that wont fall off, Eibach springs, OMP Strut Braces, BMC filter, just stuck new Conti's on it, discs and pads all good, cambelt done, gears feel tight, engine pulls well etc. Think this appears to have been one of the cared for ones with decent money put into it, rather than one of the raced around ones.

Oh and it got 46mpg doing a 40 mile trip this morning down country roads, I resisted the loud pedal!

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Just read this and thought someone had paid £8400 for a cup last year!

It will be interesting to see what it looks like now.

Just read this and thought someone had paid £8400 for a cup last year!

It will be interesting to see what it looks like now.

lol I've still got that reciept for £8400 in with all the stuff.

I'll get some pics up, looks the same, no carbon splitter now, just a plastic one, ever so slightly lower 20mm ish?

Momo Jet steering wheel too as it suffered the dreaded wear, think I may stick standard back in with carbon inserts though as not a fan of the airbag light being on.

Lol and me, thought it was low mileage but thats a bit of a premium.

Looks like you got a good'un. Just out of curisoty how many owners?

Upto about 8 now I think it was, last owner had it as his weekend 'toy' only did about 3000 in a year on it, I only plan on having it until Christmas as I'm off to Aus, so will be back on the market again at the end of the year ;)

I'd miss S25 more if I didn't now own another 172. Really chuffed to hear it's still going strong, I spent quite a bit on it even when it was on 10k miles etc, those mats cost a fortune! Was the pack with the brochures etc still with it?

I'd miss S25 more if I didn't now own another 172. Really chuffed to hear it's still going strong, I spent quite a bit on it even when it was on 10k miles etc, those mats cost a fortune! Was the pack with the brochures etc still with it?

I'm desperatley looking for a pair of front mats to match them, but having no luck whatsoever.

I've still got everything with the car
- Original Renault 'crash pack' with camera, pen, torch etc in the glovebox.
- 172 brochure, the Autocar feature on the car
- All receipts/MOT's "White Horse Way" ;)

New Exhaust mounts going on this weekend and I'll get a little build thread up, even though it'll be staying pretty much as is, I guess some people may like some pictures of a clean looking cup about.