ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Pre and Post Photoshop thread....

RIP Dan
Dreds, some good skills there mate. Impressed. I did one for my mum a few years ago and if you squint it looks ok lol. Hard to know where to start with stuff like that.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Dreds, some good skills there mate. Impressed. I did one for my mum a few years ago and if you squint it looks ok lol. Hard to know where to start with stuff like that.

Start with the easy bits like the bricks, I left the hardest bits like the guitar fret board and the faces untill last,
it's just endless amounts of clone and patch tool, over and over again. :cry:

Then about 8 hours of work later, you're done......and slightly insane from staring at it for so long.:S

Original:

6831466206_26c09cc130_b.jpg

DSC09781 by Eddie the Kid, on Flickr

After PS:

6831458826_6997ebe1d3_b.jpg

Rig Shot 001 by Eddie the Kid, on Flickr

Not really played with the colours on it, never know what looks right really :(

Fiesta ST-3
Really good effort that.

Maybe this thread would be better if people said what they had actually done to achieve the relevant effects?

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
That Clio shot looks really nicely done.

The last PS I used properly was 7! I tried to do something on CS3 the other week on the missus' laptop and was completely lost! I need to get it installed on mine and get some practice!

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
The last PS I used properly was 7!
I still use PhotoShop 7 mate... that's why one of my computers is still running Windows XP (because I can't get PS7 to run on Windows 7). I bought it years ago and can't justify the cost of CS3.

Here's a quick 'before and after' using a picture of my Trophy from the recent Wales meet. This was done in Photoshop 7 in about 30 minutes so nothing particularly amazing; just a few basic Photoshop tricks.

before01.jpg

after01.jpg

A couple of adjustment layers were used along with gradient-filled (blend mode: soft light) layers to control selective colour for the sky region and the foreground region. The sky colours were altered by colour tweaking the cyan and magenta components of the sky gradient control layer and the foreground altered by tweaking the neutral colour components. In addition, a tweak to the levels was performed and all colours given a little more vibrancy. An unsharp mask was also used to sharpen up the reduced size image before publishing to web.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and of course I added and blended in a cloud layer from a different photo to give it a bit of impact, as well as using dodge and burn to make the clouds pop a little more.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
im not doing it to be part of anything... tbf i cant see myself doing it again lol i just wanted to see if i could do it... i didnt notice till i was uploading the ka that it looked superimposed :eek:

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
BUMP. Forgot about this thread, thought I'd share a few as I've recently spent hours editing from when I was in Dubai. Here's a photo from inside the Burj Al Arab that most of the 'tog's that don't believe in PS will have a heart attack at when they see the edit, lol! To me, editing is half the art anyway, and I was pished when I took the original :eek:

Original:

8985402865_66a3b96b1d_c.jpg

Underexposed, washed out colours, on the piss and in general, a poor picture.

Edit:

8645482092_80250a1dee_c.jpg

Colours that now pop, perfectly symmetrical, no longer wonky - but subtle enough that no one would bat an eyelid without seeing the original.

Well pleased with the result!

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Wow just seen Daves work on the previous page that is very impressive mate! Got skills lol.

Some may have seen my recent photo in The I've taken a pic thread.

The truth is, when I took it I had ~3 seconds to pull the trigger before that cow started moving quickly towards my wife and son. So I was disappointed with it but I had no choice. I knew what I wanted it to look like, so used Photoshop to tidy it up.

Before:
20925874936_88deb89a20_b.jpg

After:
20845387056_69be8989d6_b.jpg

Picnic in a field by CJ, on Flickr

As you can see, I removed the shadows, few dandelions, my camera bag, crisp packet and a cow behind my wife's head. Along with the obvious crop/rotate.

Last edited:

Panda.

ClioSport Club Member
  850 T5
Never really have the energy to fettle photos once they're taken as I use PS pretty much every day at work (although only the basics by comparison!). Amazing how an edit like removing the beam transforms a photo and Dreads's edit is superb!!

Red Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus RS
Thanks guys!

Funny thing is although the lights look fake or an effect, they are real beams. I took them from another shot as I didn't get one of the Clio with the lights on.

If you stop down to f/20 or so you get bursts like this. First is blended layers, second is a shot with just the lights:
focus-light-stars.jpg

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Before:
20875179589_e2976b5e61_b.jpg
IMG_4588 by Simon Nicholls, on Flickr

After:

20873947378_363c0cb00f_b.jpg
Apollo 14 Command Module by Simon Nicholls, on Flickr

Probably not one of the best examples however removing the reflections was a complete ball ache, I tried to darken the background as much as I could as the light beaming onto the module was lovely.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
So DaveDreads is actually good at something???
That Lotus pic is superb. If I actually cared about my cars, i'd love something like that.