ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The point of an iPad

Really? Does it? Oh wow, how clever... :rolleyes:

I meant all the stuff to be able to control your mac etc.

I want everything linked together, my mac to my tv, this to my mac, and something with my phone too.

I already love the little Logitech thing, as I can control my mac whilst it's plugged into my tv with my iPhone, very nice indeed.

You didn't make that clear. Monkey fucker.

iTunes sharing is the only thing I use really. Means my whole library can be accessed on my iPad and it still works when my iMac is asleep. Perfect.

I don't bother with the remotes, they annoy me and I find them slower. Reach for phone. Press a button. Swipe. Press. That's far slower than pressing an actual remote.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Yeah theres loads of apps that do that.

I use Plex for iOS

ATV/iPad/iPhone, let the mac do all the work.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
You didn't make that clear. Monkey fucker.

iTunes sharing is the only thing I use really. Means my whole library can be accessed on my iPad and it still works when my iMac is asleep. Perfect.

I don't bother with the remotes, they annoy me and I find them slower. Reach for phone. Press a button. Swipe. Press. That's far slower than pressing an actual remote.

I don't mean like remotes for the sake of it, I just mean for instance:

Mac is sitting on the bottom the TV unit plugged into the tv, out of the way, over the other side of the room. We want to watch a film, hey presto my iPad can load that up, then if we want to watch another film, or some family guy I've got on there or something, hey, my iPad can do that too..

I want that kinda funky shite ;)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
bcdd18c6-2d2e-f15c.jpg

Like that?

Rav4
I bought a iPad 1 when it first came back, took it back due to a lack of "office" applications on it, I was unable to edit .doc documents properly in pages as it used to mess around with my formatting and piss me off.

Just wondering how you guys get on with this kind of thing, as it's been ages since the concept came out and thus, things would have improved.

Basically, I would use it on the train for reviewing and modifying reports, excel sheets and viewing power point presentations.

Any input would be greatly received.

182FF with cup packs
Flash is such a power hungry application as it uses a software decoder on mobile devices, apple refusing to use it will only benefit the whole mobile technology industry tbh.

Not any more. The current android versions use hardware decoding.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I figured out how to hack my highscore back on, but it wasnt exactly simple.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
2 years ago i'd agree. These days aside from a few s**t tv channels catchup services. i dont use it.