ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The new tool thread

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Wheres best place to buy DeWalt shite from?

Need to buy a leafblower and a big battery for work. Only reason I'm getting DeWalt is because I use Milwaukee, another lad has Makita and the other uses Ryobi so nobody can moan about one of us taking s**t
200.gif

Team Red only in here….

I’ve used Toolden a couple times and they seem to be alright.

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
My dewalt gear has been more reliable than my milwaukee shite to be fair. Battery charger for the milwaukee packed in yesterday and bits fall out of the shitty chuck on my impact

Megane 250
Had an M18 leaf blower delivered today. I convinced myself it’s for drying the car off and keeping the drive clear from debris etc.

Also ordered an 8AH high output battery and the M12 rotary multi tool.

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
Be a realer man and buy the brushless one
It says brushless in the title and then replaceable brushes in the description.. 😑

I've had my brushed one for 10 years nearly and never burnt through a set...

I've had my milwaukee drill over 10 years and no worn brushes. That think is battered.

The only thing I think has suffered is my 18v impact driver, thats like thumbing in a floppy these days.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Anyone using fake milwaukee batteries? I want one for my makita radio with an adaptor to save buying a new charger

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Anyone using fake milwaukee batteries? I want one for my makita radio with an adaptor to save buying a new charger
Just don’t. They are either s**t and don’t last or s**t and burn your house down.

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Want to be a man and get a drill at Christmas, just for the odd drill a hole in something, drive a few wood screws or put furniture together. I’ve already got Milwaukee m18 batteries and a charger, so that’s the route I’d want to go.
I’ve been looking at this one, is this the right thing for the job?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Want to be a man and get a drill at Christmas, just for the odd drill a hole in something, drive a few wood screws or put furniture together. I’ve already got Milwaukee m18 batteries and a charger, so that’s the route I’d want to go.
I’ve been looking at this one, is this the right thing for the job?

Yeah the FPD3 is the one you want

Slightly cheaper here

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Bought a tiny thermal imaging camera, not idea why, it looked good on Alibaba.

Pretty impressive, not sure how accurate the temperature calculations are, but the resolution seems decent.

Heating pipes under the floor:

Screenshot_2023-11-25-19-42-28-82_2d137189d0710576bee1a39c3c22c5d4.jpg

Footprints from where I'd just been standing

Screenshot_2023-11-25-19-44-20-95_2d137189d0710576bee1a39c3c22c5d4.jpg

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Bought a tiny thermal imaging camera, not idea why, it looked good on Alibaba.

Pretty impressive, not sure how accurate the temperature calculations are, but the resolution seems decent.

Heating pipes under the floor:

View attachment 1671260

Footprints from where I'd just been standing

View attachment 1671261
Not enough toes for them to be your feet

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
I've been tempted by one of these, how heavy are they in use?
Manageable. Much easier on your back than climbing up a ladder with a sander or doing it all by hand!

The ring light is fantastic as it illuminates and wobbles on the wall really well. But its biggest benefit for me is how good the dust collection is as she goes ape s**t over dust.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Bought a Siligun after seeing some videos of it online. No idea how good it is as I am yet to caulk bits of the house, but for £14 was worth a try.
IMG_2101.jpeg

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Reactions: MLB

thecrim22

ClioSport Club Member
  various
Reactions: MLB

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for confirming, link straight to the wife for Christmas 😂

@thecrim22 happy with the short version? Never needed the extra reach?

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
I've got the short one too and like it, but if I were to buy again I would probably get the long reach non fast version. Mine is non fast and can crack most things while the fast ones are apparently a bit down on torque which would be annoying with poor access.

On another note they are well made, you can pretty much hang off them despite the handle being plastic.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
I have the long reach m12 fuel ratchet. Took me ages to get used to it but use it all the time now. Nice bit of kit for awkward access bolts.

Im going to buy a 3/8 m12 impact on payday and a 6.0ah batt.

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Long reach impact it is👍

Got the M12 stubby impact last year and find it a bit dissapointing tbh. Maybe I use it on bolts that are too rusty but keep having to get the 18V makita out.