ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The New Phone Thread

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
These deals any good. If the better half put me on the account we get 30% off airtume with Vodafone.

All 128gb and 25gb Internet. 24th contract.

IPhone 13. 47.60
IPhone 13 pro 55.10
IPhone 14 pro 59.60
IPhone 13 pro max 59.60

I’m paying £40 for an iPhone 13 with 100gb data. I’ve seen the same deal for less recently too.

Are there any viable alternatives to Apple/Samsung/Google/Android phones? I don’t like the direction they’re going with their data collection and I really don’t need an ultra high spec phone, all I use it for is Spotify, taking bad photos of my cats and browsing online.

Currently have an iPhone XR which more than does the job for me, but I’m a little out of touch with the tech world to know of any alternatives.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I’m paying £40 for an iPhone 13 with 100gb data. I’ve seen the same deal for less recently too.

On the third party sites?

Quick look on uswitch

IMG_20220913_135738.jpg

IMG_20220913_135856.jpg

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Thing with me is I look at the above prices and think for an extra 10 or so a month I can get the latest iPhone which I've never had before lol

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Thing with me is I look at the above prices and think for an extra 10 or so a month I can get the latest iPhone which I've never had before lol

That’s why I done mine in June. In the past I would’ve waited to get the new one, but I also didn’t want to spend anymore than £40 a month.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Are there any viable alternatives to Apple/Samsung/Google/Android phones? I don’t like the direction they’re going with their data collection and I really don’t need an ultra high spec phone, all I use it for is Spotify, taking bad photos of my cats and browsing online.

Currently have an iPhone XR which more than does the job for me, but I’m a little out of touch with the tech world to know of any alternatives.
When you buy a phone, you give up your rights really, you need to accept that to have these things, they want their pound of flesh.

I would say the privacy part can be done on the phone and is more related to the apps and the websites rather than the phone itself. Apple isn't selling you data to big pharma to phone you and sell you pills

Security like Balckberry used to do is different to data privacy.

Stick to Apple unless you want to go super secure with some random phone that has multi layer security etc. Apple plus all your privacy settings dealt with should be perfect.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR

Have you looked at Nothing phone? Only viable alternative to the standard brands I've seen recently.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
The dude is concerned about privacy and you recommend the Nothing phone?

rigggghhhtttt.

To be honest I know NoThInG about it... just thought it seemed like a good alternative to the mainstream. Surely if privacy is the main concern, you can only go with Apple?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Screenshot_20220916-204932.jpg

A lot of reviewers complaining about the highlight issue from the 12/13 now still an issue on the 14. But how good is that video on the iPhone. Just dreamy stuff!

Nilay's review up also. He's also dreamy!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Couple of days in. 14 Pro is a gigantic upgrade over my 12 mini. Size is something to get used to! The speed of the thing. Holy s**t.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Looking forward to the 14 pro max coming out. Are people really going for the 1TB model when iCloud storage is so cheap?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Just remind me, when you don't have any service you can't watch your own videos or pictures? And if average service the videos take an age to load?

Also does iCloud have folders? Every bloody iPhone owner I know just has a camera roll... How the f**k do you ever find anything?

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Just remind me, when you don't have any service you can't watch your own videos or pictures? And if average service the videos take an age to load?

Also does iCloud have folders? Every bloody iPhone owner I know just has a camera roll... How the f**k do you ever find anything?

Probably called a bionic camera roll thou that would make it worth more and obviously be better cos i phone

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Dude it’s not 1999, when do you not have service? Yes iCloud has folders. It also has object detection and tagging, date tagging, face detection/recognition. Pretty f**king straightforward.

1663523063052.png

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Dude it’s not 1999, when do you not have service? Yes iCloud has folders. It also has object detection and tagging, date tagging, face detection/recognition. Pretty f**king straightforward.
I assumed you would come in with the AI stuff, I've seen it at work, it's a bit s**t.

At least they have folders. I've never seen an iPhone with folders because mental but at least they have the option.

Still paying £1200 for a phone and can't decide where the apps go though, right?

Apple: "You want top left?"

Everyone: "Erm I was thinking closer to the bottom, you know for reach"

Apple: No sir, you are mistaken, you want TOP LEFT, you don't understand design and the optibionic home page layout grid!"

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I’ve got it mirrored in Google photos and it’s on a par recognition wise.

Who doesn’t have folders?
What are you talking about apps?