ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Lowwwwwww Ph2 - Progress Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
cant be arsed taking the cage out, again, knowing my luck, itl be a different color again..............im thinking........focus orange, but even thats not the same color as the cage i dont think

Doooooood congrats on all the hard work, car looks very NICE!!!! Your really are in love with your car!!!

Where do you find so much time to do all that stuff to the CLIO... Let me know :D

Golf TDI
tbh i dont think it looks that noticable especially as they wont be right up next to one another , but you sound like the sort of person where it HAS to be perfect ;)

Golf TDI
oh and forgot to say I LOVE YOUR CAR !! lol would love to see it in the flesh . this and the tt clio :)

tbh i dont think it looks that noticable especially as they wont be right up next to one another , but you sound like the sort of person where it HAS to be perfect ;)

lol, of course :)

when i put the badge on the front, it was like, 'WOW' brightest orange ever........the orange on the wheels looked wierd then, lol

oh and forgot to say I LOVE YOUR CAR !! lol would love to see it in the flesh . this and the tt clio :)

fcs....?

Golf TDI
i was going but couldnt get it off work ...hoping in a month to get myself to quite alot of meets . might even travel about a bit in the summer and come up that way for a meet ;)

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
lol, of course :)

when i put the badge on the front, it was like, 'WOW' brightest orange ever........the orange on the wheels looked wierd then, lol
Don't want it ending up like immi's wheels and old bullets combo :quiet:

given up with matching colors and crap for now as ive tried 3 different oranges, and none match, lol.......

set out to find out what the hell was nocking when braking/pulling away from the front passenger wheel..........turns out it was a caliper bolt worryingly loose :S oh well. locktite and nice and tight now........

....decided to clean the arch too, not to Pauls standards, but itl do.....18 months of dirt and sh*t gone from running no archliners :approve:

IMG_0004.gif

IMG_0011.gif

IMG_0007.gif

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
i lost a bolt on my caliper not good :(

you snapped the bolt on your ARB yet? ive just snapped another 1 now

and no archliners :cool:

nah not snapped any yet........

Have been doing quite a bit over past few days with paintwork + the other arches as they were absolutely filthy.......waiting on some rear springs to come back that i have been waiting on for a while, tiny bit higher at the rear + alot more travel.....

also painted front badge, dash strips, gear insert, and a spare set of wingmirrors (yet to be fitted) in orange. Although, as was shown earlier in this thread, the orange didnt match the cage, ive since tried 3 or 4 other oranges that still dont match, so i guess if i want it all to match the cage has got to come out again, doh!

Had a few other bits and bobs arrive also.....will be updating the thread with pics and a few video's very soon :)

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
I hope you're getting special prices considering the number of rear springs you get through!

Mercedes C Class Sport
Madmike1's caliper bolt snapped whilst doing about 90odd in the right hand lane! caused aload of smoke and stopped him from accelerating...good jb you tightened it

As said in the last post ive been doing quite a bit of work over the past few days.....here are the efforts from today.....

Id promised Gray that i would take one of my seats out, and make a drawing of the custom subframes i had made up for him, so he could get some made. This meant taking the seat+sidemounts out.....Then i decided to re-paint the passenger footwell as it had got scratched over the past month or so......

Also decided to sand down the whole back, as it had been previously painted in black hammerite, with a brush. I hate brushmarks and there was loads of them, so i sanded the whole lot down, it is going to be sprayed in satin black.....

Then i decided to take the front bumper off to clean behind it, and so i could get the car on the driveway forwards, something i cant normally do....I was also going to clean the other front arch, seeing as i did the other one the other day. I hit a problem though, the wheel bolts were on mega tight, couldnt get them off with breaker bar, the normal wheel brace or a ratched, the ratchet just snapped! you can see this at about 3min 30secs on the video.....lol

Anyway heres a little video i did as i wanted to have another mess around with the video editing stuff........and some pics:

Drawings of My Custom Seat Frames
(For Anyone That Ever Needs Them)

Clicky For Drawing

Use the following pictures for reference, and it should be enough to work out whats what on the drawing.

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n113/f0xy_2006/- Misc - Sparco Seats/DSC_0023.jpg
http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n113/f0xy_2006/- Misc - Sparco Seats/DSC_0022.jpg
http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n113/f0xy_2006/- Misc - Sparco Seats/DSC_0009.jpg

(The diagram is of the passenger side. The frame was produced from a 3mm sheet, IIRC, which was bent to shape and welded.)

White Sti Hatch
CDA sound damn good mate, got one on mine and through the standard system its an awsome sound !

Evo 6, E92 320d
Last thing in the vid, was your mum having a moan at you lol? Car looks great with the bumper off:)

Clio 1.4 Maxim
what song was it mate?? sounded good. love watching your little vids alwyas inspire me to get off my arse and work on mine

Coiley'd Clio PH2
Ha, is there someone spying on you from 2.00 onwards in that video? The main window between windscreen and door.
Do those girls get in that car and drive off?

i need some planks of wood like that! Is such a hassle getting a wheel off, none of my jacks will fit under the car.

Clio 1.4 Maxim
Ha, is there someone spying on you from 2.00 onwards in that video? The main window between windscreen and door.

i need some planks of wood like that! Is such a hassle getting a wheel off, none of my jacks will fit under the car.

i know the feeling every time i wanna jacak up my car i have to use my g/f's puma's jack then when it high enough use my trolley jack takes forever stupid low cars !!

i dont thinkso, lol

and then yeah it was some girl and her mum they live at that house across the road, lol

id rather it not rust over time thanks ;) they can fook off, they moan enough about the noise.....old ba*tards

Integra Type-R DC2
Think thats bad, my neighbours moan that I occasionally wash and detail my mates cars at my house. As if its any of their buisness.

Status
Not open for further replies.