ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Lowwwwwww Ph2 - Progress Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
  a thirsty one
SPOTTED !!

yesterday mate main jnc in walkden you were coming up and turned right, i was at the lights facing you only saw you last minute, was prob about 3ish?

standard 1.2 16v? lol....

ages ago...
DSC_0061.jpg

erm because i wanted to? lol...its keeping the 1.2 running gear with the 2litre in...

itl become a two litre as soon as i find somewhere to do it, dont think the driveway of my house is a viable option lol

Just been reading through this as i've never looked in before (I read all of the first page then skimmed some of the rest) You've got dedication dude :approve:

Your car looks great, although I do prefer the back of it raised up a touch as opposed to proper proper low;)

ive got some mark fish rear springs sat in my garage that are about 95mm, about 20mm higher than it is now, going back to them i think :)

i liked it more nose down, and i cant go any lower on the front really, so the backs coming up a bit, a bit more normal to say the least lol

erm because i wanted to? lol...its keeping the 1.2 running gear with the 2litre in...

itl become a two litre as soon as i find somewhere to do it, dont think the driveway of my house is a viable option lol

Move all the crap out of the garage? lol

1.2 MK2 PH2
Cant u buy a gazebo thingy and a car cover, then u can use the garage for parts n do it on the drive?If you bang a plastic sheet on the deck itll kep the oil n crap off the flags. It's not a bad idea cos the weather is slowly gettin better. Even sweetern the parents over by 'renting' it out for a few quid a week?... My excuse when I was stripping bikes n crap in the garage was "If I'm doing this I'm not out on the town getting in trouble!" lol try that one to!

so whens it becomes a 2ltr is a sport front bumper going on?

nah :cool:

Cant u buy a gazebo thingy and a car cover, then u can use the garage for parts n do it on the drive?If you bang a plastic sheet on the deck itll kep the oil n crap off the flags. It's not a bad idea cos the weather is slowly gettin better. Even sweetern the parents over by 'renting' it out for a few quid a week?... My excuse when I was stripping bikes n crap in the garage was "If I'm doing this I'm not out on the town getting in trouble!" lol try that one to!

lol....id probably not live to see it finished if i did it on my driveway :p

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
whys that then? still wanting the sleeper look? any other plans then once the lump is in?

LY 182
garage wont take it on tbh its too much hassle esp wiring.

you could do it on the floor to be honest theres no real problems as long as you do it infront of a garage so you can wheel all your stuff back in when you are finished for the night

would have done mine at home if i had a garage

hit a bit of a problem today.....ive always wanted more camber on the front to eliminate the slight squeeking on the wings when turning fast (50/60mph)....

playing around ended up putting it to near max setting, with 15mm spacers, everything was clear and it looked sweet

IMG_0199.gif

IMG_0190-1.gif

but now the whole tracking is f*cked and nowhere will track it......i had problems with people tracking it at 70mm never mind 100+ lol....anyway i thought while im at it il wind the front down lower, now there is more room so i get a more nose down stance...

IMG_0202.gif

took it for a spin and the trackings so far out its undrivable....both wheels are toe'd in alot, so looks like the wings are coming off and its going to the garage for tracking, lol :cool:

nah, not a chance, cambers coming back off in the morning!

LY 182
one thing you may want to think about - with it being as low as you historicly like it, i dont think you are going to be able to get the chassis to handle f4r power.
i think its gonna want more suspension travel personally

im not expert on suspension setup but i find my suspension from the 1.2 being pushed to its limits now when before it seemed to cope pretty well

RB 182 Special.
This is the first time I've seen this thread. That is unbelievably low!:eek:

Is it the lowest in this club?

are your xenons legal?

technically should have washers and auto-levelling, but ive not....passed MOT fine.

iirc Christophers disconnected his auto-levelling on his 182 and set them manually to a fixed height, to technically his are not legal either ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.