ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Lotus Carlton.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Well, as soon as back end drops, its bye bye police car.

Machine :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSHNynLKrpM

lotus20omega20f3q350kh8.jpg

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Official top speed of 176mph. Easily capable of over 180mph though given the correct gearing. Amazing, but extremely costly to keep running.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
always loved these since when was first into cars. these are relatively ancient and still unbelievable cars. absolute nuts.

Alfa 147 GTA
love them, only ever seen 2. One was a few years back and the other was last week behind me on a slip road, he wasnt ragging it though

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
  Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
They are awsome cars, I have seen a couple of them when I used to go to the Vauxhall Meets many years ago, and was lucky enough to get a passanger ride in one on the M5 doing well over 130mph.

I aslo found out that the Carlton Poilice cars were mechaincally the same, with the same BHP and tuned by Lotus. Thats a sleeper and a Half.

Hawkeye

ClioSport Club Member
  Damage repaired
I have been trying to convince the missus to let me get one of these for well over a year now but all she sees is "its an ugly boxy thing".Shes happy for me to go out and spend more on an R32(been looking at them) because it "looks nicer"...Bloody women...:rolleyes:

Mk4 .:R32
R32 is nicer in looks. But a lotus carlton whoops it's ass in performance and pure aggression. Love them. Seem a couple before. also seen a couple of shoddy fakes as well!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I remember the birmingham police chasing one in the midlands for months.The robbers who stole it used it for armed robberies and were never caught.It even out-ran the helicopters

ian

clio 182 black /gold
That reminds me of the time a serria RS cosworth was stolen from craven ford in darwen and they sent a metro to chase it. They lost it over the moors.

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
Was fortunate enough to be a passenger in one of these back in 94' talk about sh-t the bed. owner took it to 160 with four up so easy. I think 6th gear was very long 90 odd mph at 2k revs.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Never seen a silver one. I'd prefer the BRG one to be honest, but thats certainly unique.

Its not supposed to be silver. They were only ever sold in Imperial Green. From what I remember and what google is telling me too.

Yeah I know, but it says in the advert the owner had it sprayed especially, as he was a 'Sir'.
According to the ad, like I said.