ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Are we nearly there yet????
Nearly, mate. Nearly! It's as good as there. A few little jobs are being done whilst the recovery truck (to take it to RS Tuning) is having a new clutch sorted... :S

That pictures class lol.
:) You should have seen the others...

EDIT: Oh yeah, apparently there was a healthy amount of silicone in the engine when it was originally ripped apart and I'm hoping Fred can get me the photos of it soon.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Don't know if I would be able to go back to a non v engine if I was you. :boring:

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Don't you mean resin?
Resin, silicone, cheese... the mind boggles at what may have found its way in there mate! :D

Hopefully last bit of bad luck for you now Andy :)
These things happen, Keith (how many times have I said that?!) - but fingers crossed all goes smoothly now.

I've got a trailer if you want to borrow it ;)
Thanks, Chi - very kind of you. However, Fred's got this one covered for me now. :) Offer appreciated as always though.

Home stretch!!!
Indeedy! It won't be long now. I've got a feeling in my water. :S

Don't know if I would be able to go back to a non v engine if I was you. :boring:
The V6 engine is great but the engine going into the Trophy isn't too shabby either. ;) A high comp V6 on ITB's would be nice though. Maybe that's a future project when Fred gets fed up of the Vee and lets me have it... :p

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
An extra pair of experienced hands are always welcome! :)

Regarding parts, it will be interesting to see what Fred has done as I'm not entirely sure on the final spec myself yet! :rofl: Sure, I've got an idea of the main components used but I think Fred may well have done a few bits extra on my behalf here and there. Not that I mind. I did suggest he upgrades / refreshes things as he sees fit or would recommend. It will be great to have the Trophy back on the driveway with it's ticking pistons waking the neighbours early each morning. :) Especially as it's getting cold now.

Talking of cold, yesterday was the first frosty/icy morning I've experienced in his Vee... my word, it's lively! LMFAO! Inside lane all the way to work at a steady 30-40mph. Sorted. :)

LY182/NHB CTR
So... today I said goodbye to the Trophy...

But thankfully it's only temporary whilst Fred and the BTM Performance crew do their stuff to it. :D

I would like to think he's got it back by now and too busy enjoying to post! Because another few weeks and it will be a year.... And well waiting that long for parts is crazy where are they coming from I don't think even DHL take that long to deliver goods lol

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I think it'll be Jan and it'll be a year
That's when I dropped my 182 off when I broke my ankle
I think Andy had just dropped his off then too

It'll be worth the wait! And it'll be a quality build
Have faith ;)

LY182/NHB CTR

Have faith ;)

January is only a few weeks away ;) time flies.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Any Updates Andy ? will santa be bringing you a Trophy shaped parcel ?? ;)
Do you know something I don't?! :p I'm happy to report that things are looking a lot better right now. I'm not sure I'll get it quite in time for Christmas, as it still needs to be fitted in at RS Tuning and mapped, but all looks good. :) I spoke to Fred a couple of days ago and there's nothing outstanding now. The last of the jobs are practically done. It also now has the proper clutch in (the wrong one was fitted) and has been tinkered with for optimal performance! He's such a perfectionist... ;)

I would like to think he's got it back by now and too busy enjoying to post! Because another few weeks and it will be a year.... And well waiting that long for parts is crazy where are they coming from I don't think even DHL take that long to deliver goods lol

Have faith ;)
Aye - it's been as good as a year! It's certainly kept the mileage down... which means I can double-up over 2014. Well, that's the plan at least. It will indeed be a quality build and a fairly nice spec to boot. Can't wait!

Bloody hell that was a fair old read. Though mind you I skipped to some of the best bits because, you know, TL;DR.
Where abouts in South Wales are you from Andy? I recognise the Black Mountain in some of your earlier videos, did you make it up there often? (Not that you'd ever dream of doing something like that in the vee ;) )

I'm glad to see things are starting to reach some sort of a closure now for you.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
msremmert - thanks for reading through it. :) I expect it passed a few minutes!

I'm in Rogerstone mate, not far from J28 of the M4. As for the Black Mountains - yes, I've been up there a fair few times and I've been up in the Vee a couple of times as well. :) Sadly the couple of occasions I've been up in the Vee the weather has been horrific and I don't think it will get much better over the next month or two.

@msremmert - thanks for reading through it. :) I expect it passed a few minutes!

I'm in Rogerstone mate, not far from J28 of the M4. As for the Black Mountains - yes, I've been up there a fair few times and I've been up in the Vee a couple of times as well. :) Sadly the couple of occasions I've been up in the Vee the weather has been horrific and I don't think it will get much better over the next month or two.

Ah that explains why I haven't see a black vee floating around. I'm a little further up towards the magical land of Pontypridd.
I went to BTM back in Feb with my friend to get my belts done and we easily spent an extra few hours chatting to Fred and Zoltan. It's good when you can go to a place like that and lose a few hours chatting.
I told my friend the other day that Fred had lent the V6 out as a courtesy car - He still doesn't believe me lol.

I went for a drive around the Beacons a couple of weeks ago but the roads were so slippy courtesy of the grit and the car came back brown. Plus the weather turned on me so fast that I haven't been back up since so I'll probably wait till the weather starts to improve. :dapprove:
It'd be nice if we could get something organised for a South Wales meet this Christmas though. Be good to say hello to you and the vee lol.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
msremmert - yeah, I'm not as far across/up as you are mate. Next time I'm heading that way via the A470 I'll give you a shout! :)

Ah, another BTM customer. It's definitely worth the journey taking it to someone reputable. I always make sure I have an extra hour or two spare because I know how Fred likes to chat. ;) LOL! Not that that's a bad thing. As for the Vee s**tbox... yep, still rolling around in it. Still love it. Having a nightmare trying to keep it even half-clean in this damn weather. The greasy and icy roads are certainly interesting in that car so just taking it steady.

As for a Christmas meet, there was talk of meeting up in a couple of weeks time. The last Sunday before Christmas I think. Whether or not people will go along I don't know. I'll be there as long as there isn't snow all over the place.

SharkyUK

Yeah absolutely mate let me know if you decide to go for a spin. I've only ever seen one v6 on the road. It was at a fueling station and everybody who pulled up stopped to take a look and we're all "what the hell is that?!"
Such presence.
Much noise.
Many cylinders.
Wow.

Yeah of people fancy a meal I'll do a bit of ringing around but we should plan something sooner rather than later before everything gets booked with works Christmas parties!

LY182/NHB CTR
Aye - it's been as good as a year! It's certainly kept the mileage down... which means I can double-up over 2014. Well, that's the plan at least. It will indeed be a quality build and a fairly nice spec to boot. Can't wait!

:eek: still not finished yet! Well I hope you don't have to wait too long for it to be tuned now its all ready for mapping. It should be ready just in time for the snow ;) snow patrol mind I have to say I'm amazed how good the LY182 was in snowy Brecon and Black Mountain I didn't think I'd get home when got snowed in there.

Yes you'll have to make sure you do every driving meet, track day etc to make up for lost time. :)

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
The end is near then. Really looking forward to seeing this all done.

Must buy shares in your local petrol station bet you'll be going through a few tanks when you get it back.

Hope it's worth the wait - i'm sure it will be

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah of people fancy a meal I'll do a bit of ringing around but we should plan something sooner rather than later before everything gets booked with works Christmas parties!
That's kind of you mate... but I think you'll struggle this time of year. Most places would likely have been booked up weeks ago. Might be worth just turning up somewhere and hoping for the best! Even if a meal can't be sorted out I'd be happy to meet up somewhere for a coffee and cake. Or biscuits. Anything to get out for a drive whilst the weather is not too bad!

Apologies for the poor grammar and spelling in my last post. Joys of typing on a tablet with help of autocorrect.
Sort it out mate - I'm disgusted... :p

:eek: still not finished yet! Well I hope you don't have to wait too long for it to be tuned now its all ready for mapping. It should be ready just in time for the snow ;) snow patrol mind I have to say I'm amazed how good the LY182 was in snowy Brecon and Black Mountain I didn't think I'd get home when got snowed in there.

Yes you'll have to make sure you do every driving meet, track day etc to make up for lost time. :)
I'm hoping I don't have to wait much longer, too! LOL! With a bit of luck I might still have the Vee for the snow and the front splitter on that would make a great plough, although traction could be an issue. These 182's are incredibly versatile - and I'm assuming you're still enjoying the LY182 as intended. :) Not even a snowy Brecon can stop them... although I hear it's the driver. Right? ;)

I'll be attempting to do as much as possible next year. Very minimal mod's and maximum mileage. I hope.

The end is near then. Really looking forward to seeing this all done.

Must buy shares in your local petrol station bet you'll be going through a few tanks when you get it back.

Hope it's worth the wait - i'm sure it will be
Indeed - the end is nigh. Although I may have said that a few times now! :eek: Feel free to invest in the SharkyTrophy fund. Sod the snow leopards. Only £300 a month can make all the difference... remember, a Trophy is for life, not just Christmas. Each quarter I'll send you pictures and a print-out of the latest updates from this thread...

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Be a great Christmas prezzie is there any hope?

Xmas 2014 maybe :D

Excited for your Xmas present to arrive!!!
Sadly it won't be a Christmas present ready for Christmas morning, but it will be an early New Year present. :)

It's as good as ready in terms of the build and engineering. And with a custom Fred-inspired colour scheme! And a few tweaks. :) It will be on it's way to Paul at RS Tuning for mapping as soon as possible. This should be happening the first couple of weeks in January. Once done, it's just a case of sorting out the MOT and tax and all is good. Can't wait to see the results and to get out and drive it.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
No pics at the moment mate. I'll get some when it's home. Fred's keeping the colour scheme / setup a secret until I get it (hence has not been taking any photos!) :S I have no idea what to expect...

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Great news it's arriving in the New Year! I bet you're so excited Andy. I'm excited for you, lol! :)

Can't wait to see it. Plllleeasssseeee bring it to Bedford in Feb :)

PS. Colour scheme is likely to be Pink! Suit the rest of the car :p

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
If it's a rattle can job, then expect to be amazed!

I've seen his skills in the past ;)

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Great news it's arriving in the New Year! I bet you're so excited Andy. I'm excited for you, lol! :)

Can't wait to see it. Plllleeasssseeee bring it to Bedford in Feb :)

PS. Colour scheme is likely to be Pink! Suit the rest of the car :p
I can't make Bedford Oli :( I won't be available as much as I'd love to come along and blast it around there! I expect I'll be at others later in the year though. :) I'm planning on doing a lot of driving next year. So will probably need another rebuild in about 12 months... LOL! :clown:

As for the colour scheme... Capsicum Pink is where it's at. Knows it!

Colour scheme! ! I'm even more excited now
:))

If it's a rattle can job, then expect to be amazed!

I've seen his skills in the past ;)
Should I be worried?!

It's brushed on Hammerite.
An extra layer of protection has to be a good thing, right?

He's colour matched the door handles and wing mirrors and painted the rest of the car pink ;-)
Real men wear AND drive pink, sweetcheeks. :eek: (or gold hotpants on occasion) :eek:

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Pi$$ing Trophy! Or rather, a not-pi$$ing Trophy because it's waterworks need attention. :dapprove:

20131217_waterpump.jpg

Getting there... :banghead: