ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The JDM Appreciation Thread...

I need a mint EK9, only problem with all these pics is even a tidy one will need about 10k + sunk into it to get it as good as the ones I've seen :(

IMG_5051.jpg

IMG_5073.jpg

CRW_4538.jpg

CRW_4553.jpg

CRW_4573.jpg

IMG_4282.jpg

IMG_4366.jpg

CRW_4589.jpg

2884242600_700f314448_o.gif

2832112270_f353b251d6_o.gif

DSCN0806.jpg

PeterLisnewNA16.jpg

PeterLisnewNA6.jpg

PeterLisnewNA2.jpg

Turbos.
Indeed! Love the EK9, what wheels are they?

Lexus looks interesting but seems to be a visual copy of a Super GT car opposed to any real engineering going on there. The interior is a good copy but it looks to be a sat nav stuck in the dash lol.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Indeed! Love the EK9, what wheels are they?

Lexus looks interesting but seems to be a visual copy of a Super GT car opposed to any real engineering going on there. The interior is a good copy but it looks to be a sat nav stuck in the dash lol.

silver screen next to the steering wheel is a greedy boost controller.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Ok finally gotten round to taking some updated pics of how she currently stands. As the others on here were from various stages. Not brilliant but hopefully you get an idea of where she is going.

ytz8q5.jpg

ytz8qs.jpg

yqsr5j.jpg

ytz8q7.jpg

ytz8q3.jpg

ytz8q2.jpg

ytz8qf.jpg

I know the wheels may not be to everyones taste being both small, and red :D, but I think they are a little cheeky...

And now the overnight bits from the US.... ta da.....

y6y1dz.jpg

Above is everything, well except the exhaust centre section.

y6y1e2.jpg

LCA's and tie bar

y6y1ef.jpg

Backbox, to be honest it looks pretty well made, seems solid, with good welds. light too. All stainless and full 70mm. I think this is gonna be LOUD!!!!!. Does have a bung though.

y6y1es.jpg

gearknob, this is very heavy!

Any excuse to show the ARC kit again:

yt0ni1.jpg

And look, don't laugh, but it's me :D :D

y6to69.jpg

y6to6d.jpg

Spec List so far.

EXTERIOR
Buddy Club Carbon Bonnet
De badged (well the Honda one anyhoo)
Pressed steel no plates, old skool yo.

CHASSIS
New wheels. Rota GT3. Red 16".
Yokohama Parada Spec 2's 205x45x16
J's Racing locking nuts
J's Racing Lug nuts
3G brake Disks and Mintex pads.
E-Tech strut brace
AST Coilovers. Fast road set up.
Camber bolts front, adjustable arms rear.
Skunk2 LCA's anodized gold
JDM ARB
Skunk2 lower tie bar

ENGINE/DRIVE TRAIN
K-Pro
ARC induction
Jackson Racing Header
Skunk2 Mega power 70mm Exhaust.
JDM Clutch and lighter flywheel.
Stiffer E/S engine mounts.
Buddy Club oil cap
Buddy Club radiator cap

To go on: Tracy Sports throttle body. Skunk2 Stage 2 cams, Valves, titanium retainers. Skunk2 Exhaust.

INTERIOR
Caged 6 point roll cage in red
Takata Harnesses
Buddy Club (there is a theme here huh...) Seats
KEY!S Racing steering wheel
Works Bell Rapfix QR Hub
Skunk2 gear knob
JDM Carpets
Sparco Pedals
D.R.E Shiftlight
JVC headunit

y6xctq.jpg

Fiat Coupe 20vt
personally i'd try and pick up one of the EK9 Type Rx's (facelift models + year 2000+) seem to hold their value better.

Good point, they are bit harder to get hold of though aren't they. Anyway, DC2's are where it's at ;) !

To add, nice EK9 you've get there, is it an Rx?

Civic Si
Good point, they are bit harder to get hold of though aren't they. Anyway, DC2's are where it's at ;) !

To add, nice EK9 you've get there, is it an Rx?

yes mate it certainly is. ther are a couple of pics of my EK9 in a thread in clio discussion about my williams getting Written off.

they are a bit harder to get and you tend to pay a little more for them but will definitely hold their value better. From what im hearing, you can expect the EK9 market over here to become flooded over the next year or two with cheap and poor condition Ek9's, hence why'd i'd try and pick an Rx up.

DC2's are nice, i'll give you that! ;)