ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The "Ive taken a pic and I kinda like it" thread

Clio 1.2 16v
I've had another one of my pictures explored on Flickr, from the east coast, you guys are so lucky up there its a gorgeous part of the world

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
A couple of Bruce. He's nice and slow haha

21780546709_41e9493bf0_c.jpg
Bruce the Tortoise eating more by Ant McCreadie, on Flickr

21344704534_cdcb0df903_c.jpg
Bruce the Tortoise having a dip by Ant McCreadie, on Flickr

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Quick shot, straight from the camera of last night's aurora display. First time I've seen it with my eyes. I've only took photos of it once before and you couldn't see anything, just a very faint green on the horizon.
Last night you could see the pillars. I've got 500 shots to put into a timelapse today and a few shots to edit.

1e0e4f4c230cf1469cdeddf94e5dfef6.jpg

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Had a visit to Bristol the other day for a few days to see a mate. A bunch of us went along. We went to The Cheddar Gorge and the City Centre. I didn't get the opportunity to go to the places at best light so i had to make do when i arrived.
21512652113_11b9ed48af_b.jpg
Cheddar Gorge - Bristol by Mark Geddes, on Flickr
22134070005_3b5e00816d_b.jpg
Harbourside - Bristol by Mark Geddes, on Flickr

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I visited Westonbirt Arboretum last week and the autumnal colours were incredible. I'm disappointed that it was a bit of a flying visit with my good lady (and it was extremely busy given the unseasonably beautiful day) so didn't get the best angles or sharpest photos :( At least I got some fresh air and exercise.

22182953228_7b45ef26da_o.jpg
A Touch of Autumn
by Andy Eder, on Flickr

22344672686_e3b6e2b139_o.jpg
A Touch of Autumn
by Andy Eder, on Flickr

22381457011_9630a86866_o.jpg
A Touch of Autumn
by Andy Eder, on Flickr

Cayman S Edition 1
Did a glamour shoot at the weekend, but using natural light for a change which made life so much easier. Also used the 50mm which I haven't really utilised for a couple of years I think. The quality compared to the 24-105L is ofcourse not as good, but for a dirt cheap lens, it ain't bad:wink:

JBP_5302.jpg

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I'm doing a wedding for some friends and was thinking of just using my 24-105L - Think it'll be sharp enough @Jay_A ? Going to have to get my flashes sorted and get some practice in before the day. A dark castle late December! I just hope there's a clear sky for a shot I want to try at night.

Took this this morning on way out to sea. Visibility was shite!
22496443920_af3be6b089_c.jpg
Fog
by Aaron, on Flickr

Cayman S Edition 1
I'm doing a wedding for some friends and was thinking of just using my 24-105L - Think it'll be sharp enough @Jay_A ? Going to have to get my flashes sorted and get some practice in before the day. A dark castle late December! I just hope there's a clear sky for a shot I want to try at night.

Took this this morning on way out to sea. Visibility was shite!
22496443920_af3be6b089_c.jpg
Fog
by Aaron, on Flickr
Absolutely, just be careful around f4.5 as it tends to vignette a bit. Works best at f8, so you may need to rely on the ISO more in low light.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Absolutely, just be careful around f4.5 as it tends to vignette a bit. Works best at f8, so you may need to rely on the ISO more in low light.
Cheers. It'll be on my 6d which is pretty handy at low light. I've never used it for portraiture before. I'll have my 50mm 1.8 and I think I'll have a friends 85mm 2.8 as other options.
The wife is also shooting with her 24-70 & 70-200, both 2.8 on another 6d so we should get something decent from the day.

Cayman S Edition 1
Would love a 24-70, nice bit of kit.

Sounds like you'll both be fully covered for all eventualities:)