ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The great exhaust debate !

Megane RS 250
To blue:

You could ask Kam Racing about the price of the 182 system for CS members...on their website it's priced at 700 £.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Excellent thankyou very much, I am re-joining membership on this great site shortly maybe get a good deal? I'm in the north east would I need a specalist to fit such a system? (sorry for idiotic questions)

If your in the north east mate then get urself to AAS in newcastle! All they do is custom work, they will make you a system to meet ur needs/requirements

ipodsandguns

ClioSport Club Member
  GW X200 CUP
IMO BTB are the best systems normal mans money will get for the 182, YS are defo the best all rounder value for money system and supersprint produce the best heavy wallet system.

Id be happy with the noise any of them made.

EP3 Civic Type R
If your in the north east mate then get urself to AAS in newcastle! All they do is custom work, they will make you a system to meet ur needs/requirements

Do they produce their own make? Only previously had experience with Powerflow / Tyrespot ... which was quite dissapointing, albeit cheap

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Yes.

Standard = 181.9

Hayward and Scott fitted = 172.3bhp *

TBR fitted = 187.2bhp. *

(* Same rolling road- Power engineering, but a week apart. Was significantly colder on the H&S run)

No fred, it was 1.5m of walker exhaust pipe @ £1 a M.

tom, dare I say your engineering and development is almost as committed and planned as mine, when developing the Megane system here at T.A we spent weeks on welding thickness and quality assurance to make sure the scaffold, by this i mean exhaust was done so that it sags during a long run and sets fire to the rear bumper.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I'm surprised my manifold hasn't cracked, that's the only thing supporting the entire exhaust, zero load on the rear mounts and the center mount isn't fitted.

I've done 80,000 since i fitted it. Sounds terrible.

Megane RS 250
Tom was it a brake dyno or a intertial dyno?
With a good brake dyno with sensors etc only very hot days matter, small differences ar perfectly compensated.
Do you have the charts?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
No, it was years ago. Not sure what type of RR PE have. Guessing inertial.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
If it was intertial, results are pretty much useless.

For less than £2, i cant complain. Back boxes are starting to die, so need to replace them with something. Im thinking Peugeot 405 back box.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
I have only skimmed the thread-

What about the Orbisound exhaust that a lot of trophy owners use>?

S

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Do they produce their own make? Only previously had experience with Powerflow / Tyrespot ... which was quite dissapointing, albeit cheap

nothing is on the shelf mate, when you book in, its made and fit on the day ur car goes in. they have some unreal cars in all the time! not as cheap as the off the shelf systems, its £500 for cat back made how you want

Megane RS 250
Sneak peek!

DSC_2997.jpg

DSC_3000.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Has anyone actually bought an exhaust yet?

6 pages of utter nonsense.

HyperAlloy Combat Chassis
Following advice on here, I tried my best to get a Yozza. However just like past experience with this company, it's almost impossible to buy anything. I ordered online on the peculiar website that doesn't seem to order anything, then waited as instructed for a phone call which never came. Phoned up a couple of times and waited for a call back. 2 weeks in total went by before I got a call just to take my order, by which time my OE exhaust was beyond hope. I was then worried that even if I did order, it would take weeks to appear, much like a set of brake pads I had purchased previously, so I politely declined.

The next best thing as far as I could see was the K-Tec supersports, which arrived within 2 days of ordering, and if I remember rightly was a bargainous £288 with CS discount. It looks very well made and I've had it a year with no problems. I have the unsilenced version with decat which is loud, but I reckon if you got the silenced version and kept the cat, it wouldn't be too bad.

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
Cannot wait for the supersprint. Just had to do a roadside repair with a coke can, some putty and some jubilee clips.