ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The GoPro Thread

Wasabi Batteries turned up from America today. I'll give them a power cycle at weekend and see how they fair.

1901207_10153791764065244_2110535826_n.jpg

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
We had about 9 batteries on our eurotrip, and two of those Wasabi chargers. The Black edition does eat them up a bit but when you have a few and the charger its pretty good.

I also fucked around with the timelapse at the weekend when servicing my car. This is pretty much out of the box straight from my Silver Hero 3. Really impressed at how it automatically compresses them all in the studio into a film. Then I just stitched them together on Adobe Premiere.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Has anyone had any problems with the timelapse feature in the software itself?
I've used it before with no worries, and then after an update, it hangs on 3% when exporting the MP4.

I'm not using a GoPro, I'm using my DLSR and importing the images in to the software. I have uninstalled a few programs that I thought could have been conflicting but no change.

Any ideas?

I've not used the GoPro software, I just use Premiere Pro.

Have you tried leaving it for a while to process? The images from you DSLR could be pretty large.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I have left it for over an hour and its still been on 3%. The images are in JPEG and fairly small too. Its strange how it used to work OK and then after an update, just went tits up.

I know you can do it in Photoshop but I think its more messing about. I might have a look for Premier Pro, or at least the demo if they do one.

Yeah I have left it for over an hour and its still been on 3%. The images are in JPEG and fairly small too. Its strange how it used to work OK and then after an update, just went tits up.

I know you can do it in Photoshop but I think its more messing about. I might have a look for Premier Pro, or at least the demo if they do one.

You can get Adobe CC on a 30day trial.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
You can get Adobe CC on a 30day trial.

Cheers,

I already have Adobe CC and have just found how you do it after trying different things for months!
Have downloaded the trial of Premier pro too. Want to make a few while I am in New York too.

Scott S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Flamer & ER-6F
Has anyone used Rain-x or anything like that on the camera casing?

I took my son to the match on Saturday and recorded his first arrival to the ground (on the bike) and the rain stuck to the camera casing quite a lot. I could put the camera behind the screen but then i'd be stuck with rain on the screen and not the camera.....

Uploading vid now as a demo, but it's taking ages...which reminds me.... uploading to YouTube takes ages, but the file sizes are quite big so that shouldn't be a suprise. Is there a reasonable time for upload? i.e. ## minutes per 100mb? It'll depend on connection speed etc, but just knowing that others have to sit for hours waiting for a vid to upload would be comforting...

Scott S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Flamer & ER-6F
Took a vid on Saturday when I took my son to the football. It was raining quite a bit so the camera is obscured at some parts of the video (hence me asking about rain-x or similar).

http://youtu.be/FYqlHxUkRmQ

Also, I took a video today on the way to and from work, but there's no chance I am putting the morning vid up as it was my first time in the bike alone for a decent ride and it was dark when I came home so there's not a lot of point in posting that.

I'll try a time lapse one day this week, so how that looks.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Took a vid on Saturday when I took my son to the football. It was raining quite a bit so the camera is obscured at some parts of the video (hence me asking about rain-x or similar).

http://youtu.be/FYqlHxUkRmQ

Also, I took a video today on the way to and from work, but there's no chance I am putting the morning vid up as it was my first time in the bike alone for a decent ride and it was dark when I came home so there's not a lot of point in posting that.

I'll try a time lapse one day this week, so how that looks.

I used some gtechniq glass coating on mine, rain-x will work too.

Panda.

ClioSport Club Member
  850 T5
Ordered a new housing and stereo
Mic for my Hero 2. Just finished drilling a hole in the case so its a nice snug fit... Will find out this afternoon if it improves wind noise etc...

uryqahud.jpg
yva6ypad.jpg
9ujy7eza.jpg

AG 200 CUP
Hi Guys just bought a Hero3+ from currys on offer. Problem is i think it might just be a 3 it doesn't have 3+ anywhere. Should it have? is it worth kicking up a fuss with them if it's not the 3+? not sure what the differences are really

AG 200 CUP
It Cost £260 think it's my mistake actually just checked and it does say 3 my bad. Where is the best place to get the SD cards from?

Ph1 track car, Dci
My missis has just bought my a gopro black for my bday :D

Im new it it alll...Just been looking at mounts, they seem very expensive for what they are, my question is do you need to buy the "official ones"

Ive found on ebay, the head strap, chest harness, pole for under £30? Are these crap quality?

What do people do for cheap alternatives?

Im after; head strap, chest harness, roll cage mount and suction cup.

Anyone got links to some they have used.

Thanks.

Cupra
I bought a load of mounts from dx.com for peanuts. They took two weeks to arrive but are fine. I'm not sure I'd use a cheap suction mount on a car, but headstraps, chest harness etc can't really go wrong.

Ph1 track car, Dci
Well my cheap mounts turned up off ebay, chest harness and head strap, under £20 for both. I didnt want to risk the cheap suction mount though, but these two you cant go wrong.

The dog was the first volunteer.

GOPRODOG_zps5eedd033.jpg

Ph1 track car, Dci
Heres a very quick edit of the footage i got, can anyone recommend what would be the best setting for when shes running with it on her back as it comes out blurry atm.

cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
  ITB BG 182
What accessories do people have for this or would recommend buying?

I will be strapping mine to the drone for a tester.

Sean, You'd want to up the FPS imo, which depending on your GoPro will probably mean lowering the resolution. Possibly something like 720p at 60fps would be a good compromise.

Ph2 Clio 172
I've finally found the source of the annoying rattle on my Hero3. Its the WIFI button! Its get just enough movement in it to rattle about.

Any suggestions for silencing it?

Ph1 track car, Dci
Sean, You'd want to up the FPS imo, which depending on your GoPro will probably mean lowering the resolution. Possibly something like 720p at 60fps would be a good compromise.

Just seen this, thanks will give it a try.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Best place for a decent roll bar mount?

eBay seems to bring up handle bar mounts, are they the same?

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
I can supply all the genuine mounts aswel J, including the proper roll bar mount

No worries mate, I'm more thinking out loud at the mo (Clios off road) and want to look at pictures so I can work out where mounting can be in the car rather than buying and finding the mount / locations no good.

I'm trying to work out how to rig it up on my dog as well, I'm thinking gaffa tape lol.