ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The car that will keep my 182 company

Inferno 182
Thought I might post some pictures of my other car up, it tends to create a reaction one way or the other.
I really bought the 182 as a stop gap until this is finished but to be honest, can't see myself getting rid of the 182 now.
Anyway, the car is a 1962 Rochdale Olympic. British, glassfibre monocoque kit car, pretty rare, only about 120 left. This is what they normally look like -

OriginalPhase1.jpg

Very 'cute' - a bit like a Porsche 356 mixed with a chubby E type.
I started off just planning a restoration but inspired by great modern sports cars and reading Evo mag every month, the plan has evolved.
This is a picture of my actual car from a while back, nowhere near finsihed obviously (excuse the quality, taken on phone) -
OlympicinteriorApril07004.gif

OlympicinteriorApril07005.gif

OlympicinteriorApril07006.gif

As you can probably tell, a fair bit of modification has been done to the body, all in the name of it fitting around the new running gear. Stll not finished on this picture with front wheelarch and front section incomplete but you get the idea. (ignore the instrument binnacle on the roof, that is not a design feature!
Mods include; BMW E30 suspension and brakes, rear axle and LSD.
K series from a Lotus Exige, tuned by Scholar Engines, 1.9 block, throttle bodies etc. 248bhp. 177lb/ft. Emerald ECU.
16" split rim alloys made by Image.
Hella LED round rear lights (as now found on new Farbio car)
One off Smiths instruments, made to my own design - inspired by TVR minimalism.
Interior being designed from scratch but to include Lotus Elise seats, Wooden Moto Lita steering wheel. Trimmed in maroon leather. Kept mininam, inspired by Porsche 550 Spyder.
Final kerb weight should be under 750kgs - making performance interesting!! I have no idea how it will drive yet but it is being buit by a race car engineer so I trust that it will handle and cope with the power.
Please - no one ask the cost, I am in denial!
Hope this doesn't seem like showing off, just interested to see what people think. It is my labour of love but has been going on longer than I care to admit.
Cheers

Great project, like the interior plan.

Shame youve had to make modifications to the shell, the original looks so good.

So will this be a daily drive?

Inferno 182
Thanks guys.
Cost is a sore subject as it has doubled, my own fault though for changing the plans and getting carried away. Hope to get it finished for under 15k but it should be stonking for that, performance and looks. Same sort of money as a good S2 2nd hand Elise so not bad value, especially as it is a one off that should still look quite classic.
Original plan was a regular driver, I don't need a car to get to work anyway so will just be using it for blats in the country and maybe the odd track day if I am not too nervous about it getting scratched or something.

thr original just looks wrong , like its trying to be lots of cars. however the way youve modded yours looks ace . its got its own identity now if you know what i mean

Turbos.
Looks like an interesting project... congrats for doing something different.

Thought it looked quite cute in its original form too!

Respect for all the work... all the items are top quality... like the wide arches and the image wheels fill them perfectly. Keep us posted with the progress :)