ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Bora.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
30301_563523060878_276702086_3210221_3557592_n.jpg

lmao! Is your mate a 'tard? Seat lean back style with the steering wheel pulled right out! Haha! Long legs, short arms stylee..haha

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Needs wheels and possibly spacers too, and very urgently.

Some bump strip removal wouldn't go a miss either, and possibly do something with the front numberplate, pressed possibly? and a shorter reg would look better too

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Yeah I wanna run no ARB just a dick to get off. Raised it a very slight bit and put a s**t load of grease on it to protect it a bit. Only seems to rub on the arb on the right hand side, when i do hard cornering to the left.

Getting a nice colour coding next month :)

4685809943_2572155e67_b.jpg

4685809953_8c0605a7c0_b.jpg

4685809959_23fa303ef0_b.jpg

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
SAME! only on the drivers side though? So I raised it up a few mm. It's noticable but seems to have stopped the worst of it! Also put a s**t loads of grease between the driveshaft and ARB for added protection!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I like the nose down stance tbh. The rear is all the way down but I can remove the adjusters! Plus its a bit higher being ready for the front to come up when the springs settle :)

To me it just looks like a worn out old Taxi with nackered suspension just now.

But I'm sure with a couple of nice touches and some wheels you'll eventually get it to where you want it. Might take a while though

Looking forward to more updates

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Looks good, some wider steel wheels with a lower profile tyre or new wheels it would look spot on.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Should have bought somesort of 1.2. Had 1.6 Mazda 3 courtosy, and realistically it was no better performance wise than my Clio. Better on the motorway, but the fact it drank £15 a week more in petrol hauling the heavy thing about it just wasn't worth it.

It will be well built but f* ck me it's boring. And tbh even once all the mods are done, there will only be a handful of people who will get it and think it looks good. 95% of people will think it looks sh*t and that your a muppet for wasting our time and money on it.

Good choice on getting it colour coded btw.

Any pics of where it's rubbing? Or should we wait for a thread in a couple of weeks time "help, my ARB is in bits!" lol!

Put and England flag on the back and it'l look like someones been down Asda and taken full advantage of the 3 crates for £20 deal.

Last edited:

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Its always the O/S that rubs. Just whip it off. Most poeple do with tdi's. Cut it and pull it out..

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Yeah a lot of people say just whip the fucker off. Also I hear it doesn't actually make that much difference anyway! Especially when you're running this low.

My sump seems to sit a lot higher than the 2.0, or 1.9 engines. But I still want some protection y0. Thinking of just going down to wickes, buying anything thats metal and clamping it underneith! LOL

Clio 172 Sport Ph2
Petrol engined sumps do sit alot higher than the TDI ones.

Mines a little flat in places and I'm not really that low.

...and yes you can just cut them & pull them out & you'd probably not notice much difference in normal driving.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I couldnt run without one but like you say alot dont. My mate has a R32 one and he's decked with no problems.

My sumps got scrape marks. The 1.8T's sump is easily as low as the TDi's if not more. Sump much lower than the subframe FTL!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
The Bora isn't exactly a performance car so it will be fine im sure. LOL I will do that asap tbh.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Then if I need to get more lows its a grinder to the chassis! But I think it's low enough really, just want to stop the horrible grinding noise.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
tbh Mr you've bought a c**t of a colour! Side markers should be on your list

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Meh, US spec is overdone. I may be replacing the trim for new primered ones when I colour code next month so will see about that :)

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
im not saying us spec just side markers thats all! you need the expensive model trims aswell (chrome trim)