ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The best feeling in the world...

Clio 172 cup
Receiving a call from your insurance company telling you that your car ISN'T a write off and that it'll be completely fixed within 10 days.

Happy isn't the word! :D :D :D

Surely if it's that touch and go, you'd want it to be a write off and buy a new car?

Now you have a car that's presumably CAT C/D, possibly unsaleable, lost a shed load of value and an insurance claim on your record.

I don't get why this is good?

It's A Reno
Surely if it's that touch and go, you'd want it to be a write off and buy a new car?

Now you have a car that's presumably CAT C/D, possibly unsaleable, lost a shed load of value and an insurance claim on your record.

Well, that's thrown a bucket of water on it.

Personally, I prefer the feeling of a girl sat on my dick lol. :D

weemark

ClioSport Club Member
  197 CUP
It wont be a cat c/d if its being repaired by the insurance. surely this only happens when they write it off then you can buy it back?

Clio 172 cup
No. The only way the car would be declared as a Cat C/D repair is if it was written off, bought back and THEN fixed. Cat A,B,C & D are write off categories. If the car isn't written off, it doesn't get classified.

Last edited:

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

It wont be cat c or d since it wasnt written off.

Shouldn't effect resale value at all since the buyer will never know its had a crash if the job is done right.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If thats the happiest you've been, your life must be terrible!

Clio 172 cup
If thats the happiest you've been, your life must be terrible!

It is!

Since the day I was born, with only one eye in the centre of my forehead and a portly, overly rotund torso, my life has gotten progressively worse. Bullying was inevitable throughout my life and still to this day the sight of a beautiful or even marginally attractive female brings a tear to my eye.

You weren't to know though. *sniffle*

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
It is!

Since the day I was born, with only one eye in the centre of my forehead and a portly, overly rotund torso, my life has gotten progressively worse. Bullying was inevitable throughout my life and still to this day the sight of a beautiful or even marginally attractive female brings a tear to my eye.

I like you. Me and you are going to get along very well!! :star:

Clio 172 cup
It's an expression, a term of phrase. Forgive me for not entitling this thread with a more suiting moniker such as, The "really good, but not the best, but still it feels kinda nice" feeling in the word. Jesus!

Clio 1970000000
It is!

Quality :D

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
When you go to collect the car go over it with a fine toothcomb! Make sure it is perfect in everyway before you sign or accept it!

Clio 172 cup
If my cars ever in a crash i don't want it back,

+1

Never the same again.

The damage is all cosmetic; panel damage etc. It still drives as it did pre crash and has had a full inspection on top of that.

The only difference on return would be a visual one ie a slight variant in the paint colour due to bad match. If this is the case then I won't be paying a penny towards it and it can go back until it's been done properly.

Based on the placement of the damage (lower passenger side), if there WAS a slight difference in colour due to paint fading etc, it shouldn't be too noticable anyway and certainly shouldn't be anything that a decent paint correction couldn't fix.

Rollo, bmh, I can see where you're coming from but surely you'd have to make a discission based on the severity of the crash. I think it's only when you see your car being driven away for potentially the last time, that you realise just how attached to it you are. In addition to that, it's only done 28k miles aswell so it would be a real shame to let it go.

Last edited:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
WOuldnt bother me at all! Longs its done to a good standard, no problem. Its all tin (and plastic) at the end of the day!

172 Cup, RB 182 Cup
Good feeling i guess.

a mate crashed a car recently and he was absolutely devastated so can see why your so happy