ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Argos lady stole my MacBook pro reciept ..

Cupra
That forum has an incredible amount of retards on it! Some of the stuff that is posted is just mental. The guy clearly has issues, he sounds like an engineer.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
ROFFLE !

Not an Apple Genius... said:
im furious is it possible she could use the reciept to disable my machine and claim theft for an insurance scam?

ZOMG .. TIN FOIL HAT TIME !!!!!!

*very loud sirens*

:dead:

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
i stopped reading after i saw he'd bought his MBP from ...Argos!

i bet he's draped in Elizabeth Duke too :dead:

Monaco 172
"...the look on her face and i know when something dodgy has just happened"

Clearly, so much so that even when this happened right in front of you, you actually didn't clock it until you'd left the store, waited for, travelled home on and got off the bus, and then sat around until 10pm!!

What a genius..

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
This is why I hate retail. You get monkeys like this in all the time.

Next level paranoia.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
So I got my reciept here's what happend, went in asked to see manager explained that I was told my reciept had been put in my bag, clearly when I got home it weren't there, he then went Ahh, took me in a room with another assistant, they have had several reports of missing reciepts they asked me who it was I said the fat b**ch with glasses, they looked at cctv with security officer what she did was swift and fast and fooled me, she put her hand in bag with reciept she then scrunched it up pulled it out then chucked it on the floor, kicked it forward so no one would see it, police officer was called waited around for 30 minutes asked me what happend saw the cctv, we then went out to the shop floor and I was asked to identify her, the officer then arrested her with a statement from me and manager I got a new reciept and a £50 voucher.. I will be updated with what happens during the coming weeks.

FLOL.

Cupra
I call complete bullshit! There is no way that the police would/ could arrest somebody for dropping a receipt surely???? The guy is nuts!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Yes but with a reciept she could go home call her house insurance or similar and claim her macbook was stolen.

That forum is mental.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Some people on MR are mental. Mainly the kids.

Remind you of anywhere?

IMO

Clio_3_17321122441.jpg

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
No, I think he got a replacement.

MR is good for research and finding out solutions to problems - but most of the posters on there are complete geeks and fruit loops!

Mondeo ST220
I had to LOL at him saying he lives in Highbury, the most dangerous part of London.

I call BS anyway.

MacRumours is full of retards.

I found it, hoping it was a good source of info to a new Apple user. It's just full of threads like 'buy now or wait?' or shortly after a new prodcut is released, they ask if they should wait for the next release!

Idiots.

Clio 182 cup'd
I call complete bullshit! There is no way that the police would/ could arrest somebody for dropping a receipt surely???? The guy is nuts!

All she has to do is take another Mac from out the back, then return it to another store for a cash refund.

Bang, nearly £1000 in cash, very easy to do, and believe it or not police will arrest you for that.

They can even arrest you for attempt fraud which this would be, whether it can be proven beyond reasonable doubt or not is another matter.

Cupra
I understand that you can get arrested for actually committing fraud, but arresting her for dropping a receipt on the floor seems highly unlikely, given all of the stories in the news about the CPS dropping cases left right and centre for the smallest discrepancy. I just can't imagine the Police wasting their time on it.

The guy was clearly a fruitcake anyway.

Clio 182 cup'd
I understand that you can get arrested for actually committing fraud, but arresting her for dropping a receipt on the floor seems highly unlikely, given all of the stories in the news about the CPS dropping cases left right and centre for the smallest discrepancy. I just can't imagine the Police wasting their time on it.

The guy was clearly a fruitcake anyway.

Police suspicion and CPS charging standards are two entirely different things.

If the police were called and she was found to have several receipts on her that didn't belong to her she definitely has some questions to answer. You could even argue that its straight forward theft.

The stories you read about in the sun/daily mail are extreme examples that are picked up by the press because they appear odd. imagine how many other hundreds of cases are charged each day.

Last edited:
  M135i
Yea that's a usual scam. A couple of offences you could arrest for. The problem, reading between the lines, would be trying to prove intent on this one; beyond reasonable doubt. I'd she was found with receipts on her person, possession of articles for the use in fraud would be most appropriate IMO.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
MacRumours is full of retards.

I found it, hoping it was a good source of info to a new Apple user. It's just full of threads like 'buy now or wait?' or shortly after a new prodcut is released, they ask if they should wait for the next release!

Idiots.

None of them own Apple products, they're all just waiting for the next one.

Clio 172 Cup
Wonder how he managed to blag the job centre into thinking he needed a MBP from Argos in the first place. 110% r****d!