ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

tethering with the iphone

right guys i have a o2 dongle for my internet. and i have a iphone on orange network with free 3g on the contract i have . is there any way i can use the iphone g3 connection to surf the net on my laptop so i dont have to pay for my o2 dongle cheers

clio 172 luna speedl
looked in to it with o2. phone orange and ask them about it. prob save on two bills for you. just dont know the speeds and download rates/max download limit

Megane 225 F1
I do it. The only way without jailbreaking, is to ring your service provider and tell them you wish to use internet tethering and then they will send the settings to you and then you can use for phone for it.

cheers willst top bloke i will call orange in the morning and sort it out . so what do i do just plug the phone into the lapper and thats it . i will have to turn my wifi of yes . please explain

Wont be free though -

Did you know you can use your iPhone just like a dongle? Just add our tethering bundle to your plan to get mobile broadband on your computer using your iPhone. And just like a dongle, all you need to do is connect it to your computer and away you go. It's as simple as that (but we think it's pretty smart too).

3GB costs just £4.89

Cupra
Jailbreak and use an app which sets up your phone as if it was a wifi hotspot. They can't charge you for that surely?