ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tesco £3 Flat Blades

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Croc of shoite.

Had them on 2 months and the plastic bit which attatches to the wiper arm has cracked :dapprove:

Anyone else's broken?

E46 325ci, ZX10r E9f
haven't had a problem with mine, they're about 3 months old and have been used lots here in we(s)t wales

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
I cant believe they could sell something that is so fragile?!!

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
Bought some tesco wipers for the missus' fiesta and they rusted within a few weeks. Won't be buying them again. Well worth spending a decent amount on wipers imo as they just annoy me if they're cheap and squeek alot (or rust)

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Had mine on for the last 7 Months and only issue i had was when I snapped a blad in half while cleaning the car.

Other than that they have been fine

I've tried these and the £1.50 normal jobs from tesco.

These flat ones sweep nicely and are quiet, but bend up in the wind on a Mk1 at motorway speeds, therefore making them useless.

The normal ones work ok but make a stupid amount of noise unless it's pissing it down and the screen is well 'lubed'.

Overall, proper blades are needed!

306 GTI-6
Have some of these on the pug, and they are great to be honest, even more so when you take into account I got them absolutely free, courtesy of vouchers lol

CLIO Iceberg 172
had a pair on mine fo about a year now, i cant say i have any problems with them they are just great!

mk7 fiesta zs
valeo flat blades are very good, iirc wiper blades should be changed every 6 months or so anyway

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Are we all talking about the Tesco £3 Blades here? or just flatblades in general?

BMW 320d M-Sport
Got further than I did, Tesco ones were absolute crap! I couldn't work out which connector to use for the 197, nothing seemed to work - and then the connectors snapped when trying to figure it out. Back to the Valeoones I went, straight on the car and now I can SEE when it rains! Can't fault them.

Last edited:
I've just got some, no problems fitting but they seem to curve too much so the middle isn't touching the screen fully, hence missing. I'll take them back and get some others.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Just got myself a £3 refund lol and the original ones are back on the car for the time being untill i can order some bosche ones.

2118'd Iceberg Ph2 172
Had them on for about 6 months or so. Then started to smear so went back to a standard set of Bosch.

Oh and Tesco only sell the 20" and 22" (nearest to 21") and the 22's worked fine, better sweep then standard 21's.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
LOL

Got a refund for £3. Hope it wasnt a special journey?

You get what you pay for. Never scrmip on wipers or tyres imo.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
wel s**t myne kept popping out and clips kept sticking up, just s**t and they look to chunky

AK

M240i
Got further than I did, Tesco ones were absolute crap! I couldn't work out which connector to use for the 197, nothing seemed to work - and then the connectors snapped when trying to figure it out. Back to the Valeoones I went, straight on the car and now I can SEE when it rains! Can't fault them.

The tesco ones don't fit the 197s/Mk3s..

Should be pretty obvious once you remove the old wipers...:eek:

LY 172
ive been using the flat ones for ages now. Ive always put a drop of super glue on the clips to make sure nothing comes off. Never had any squeeking etc..... but i do have rain-x on my screen. current set have lasted at least 5 months

LY 172
ive been using the flat ones for ages now. Ive always put a drop of super glue on the clips to make sure nothing comes off. Never had any squeeking etc..... but i do have rain-x on my screen. current set have lasted at least 5 months

CLIO PH1 172
ahhhh tesco cheapness u gotta love it.

saying that had mine on for nearly a year now with no problems atall apart from when i brought it i snaped the clip getting it out the pakaging, superglued it back and as i say its been fine

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Mine are also fine-can't argue with the quality so far considering they only cost £3 a pop :cool:

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Had mine about 4 months and have been perfect, can't fault them for 3 quid tbh.