ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Temperature related starting issue

Clio 182
Hi everyone,
Just wondering if anyone can shed some light or may have experienced the problem I have. So when cars cold (Clio 182) starts perfectly engines smooth quiet etc and will drive fine. When cars up to temperature it will start fine, stopping to fill up for example. Problem I have is when it's starts to cool down lets say temp gauge is about quarter the way, been shopping etc it struggles to start. When it does start I get a strange tick sound, which goes faster if I rev but then disappears and won't hear it again could be for over a week, unless it struggles to start.
Any help or guidance much appreciated Callum.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
It's not "text book" but it sounds like a crank sensor issue. Easiest way to confirm it would be to scope the signal when it's misbehaving but I doubt you'll have access to that kind of kit. You could try diagnostics but the crank sensors rarely give a code when they're faulty.

Clio 182
Thanks for the reply mick, I'll have a play around with the crank sensor see if it makes things different, then replace if needed. Do you recon a temperature sensor being faulty could cause over fuel under fuel.
Cheers cal

182 Trophy
@Callum church did you manage to fix this issue? What did it turn out to be? Experiencing similar start-up issues myself, although I have already changed the crank sensor for the later blue connector type.

Clio 182
Hi I changed the crank sensor to didn't solve the issue, did start better but still got a issue when the engines warm not upto temperature, i haven't looked at the temp sensor yet. Can't find where this ticking is coming from either when it's struggled to start, as it goes to quickly to narrow it down. I think mine is over fueling as well not under fueling.
Have you had any luck with yours?
Cal