ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Temperature needle bouncing and AC not working

DrewBear11

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST
Hey guys

Was out in the car yesterday and was jsut driving along and i started hitting a limter @ like 3k rpm (what i thourght was limp home mode). Also the temperature needle was bouncing up and down and then dropping off to nothing on the guage. No warning lights on the dash or anything though.

The car then stalled when it was idling.

Am i right in thinking this is to do with the coolant temperature sensor or the thermostat ?

Also, the AC wasn't working yesterday and i didn't think much of it, but it doesn't work at all now. The compressor spins up but it doesn't produce any cold air.

Could this AC problem be linked to the coolant temperature ?

Does anyone know where i could get a new thermostat and temperature sensor ? ring the stealer's is it ?

Cheers guys

DrewBear11

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST
Well i poked the coolant temperature sensor earlier and it seems to be okay :D

But gonna try and get a new one just in case, anyone know a part number or where i could get one ?

But the AC is defos goners. Might need a regas or leak test i suppose