ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

temp needle bouncing alot!

172 MoNaCo.....
only started happening in the last couple of weeks, basically on start up the temperature will rise to normal fine, (just over half way) ,then after a few minutes will drop down and bounce back up does this for a while then go back to normal,then does it again! its never gone over halfway so no pressure problems i hope!

hope someone can help me out here?
it doesnt seem to be losing power, runs fine, just bugs the hell out of me!
thanks liam.

As you've got no other symptoms i'd guess its your temperature sensor that's faulty...?
Someone will come along in a minute with a few suggestions im sure.

Sounds like a thermostat problem. Does it warm up, then when you boot it, cool down and give you the cold rev limiter (6800)?

ITB'd MK1
sounds most like thermostat if the temp needle is dropping as you increase speed. if it's random and glitchy then it could be an electrical fault with the sensor

172 MoNaCo.....
ok guys thanks for the help,
well it does it randomly at times and also when increasing and decreasing speed.
il try the thermostat first, then if problem persists il change the temp sensor.
thanks again!

S4 Avant
I had the same problem. It went away, but comes back every other month. I put it down to just being french.