ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TCE squealing from engine bay (video inside)

M135i
been having this intermitent problem for a while now seems to occur mostly when it's wet and when it you put it in reverse aswell not a clue what it is if anyone has any idea whats wrong would be appreciated as its driving me mad!

here is the video:

[video=youtube_share;QzqPSJaMHQE]http://youtu.be/QzqPSJaMHQE[/video]

thanks
dan

M135i
No the major one for belts, isnt due while 5years or 72k and its only on 40k, but will be 5 years old in june

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
So it's due a change soon ? I would get that checked sooner rather then later mate - even if its just to check the belt is tensioned enough.

GTD, Lupo
I had the same thing happen on my 200 about a week ago when i was parking. It hasn't come back again since but i will be keeping a close eye on it.

M135i
Think im going to get the aux belt changed there only £35 from renault to be on safe side as people seem to think its the belt

E30 318iS x2
Mine was a constant whine when the tensioner pulley went. This just sounds like the belt has stretched and the tensioner needs tightening.

Service interval for aux belt is 3 years or 36k.

M135i
I had the drive belt changed a while back aswell as that was whining, so hope its all sorted now if i get the aux belt changed

E30 318iS x2
If by 'drive belt' you mean the alternator/aircon belt then it's the same thing. If it was recently changed I'd look at doing up the tensioner.