ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tapping?

Ph1 172
Excesive tapping coming from top of the engine when its warm. When i look through oil filler cap cams seem quite dry?

Oil is just under max on the dip stick!

Ph1 172
Hasnt been changed yet since ive brought it! Will be changing ASAP.

Just wondering why cams are so dry?

Rusty Cup
My 182 was making what could be described as a tapping noise just before one of the sparkplugs came loose punching its way through a ht lead. Probably not the same with yours but might be worth a check if you havent done so in a while.

Tapping could be anything tbh, Spark plug, dephasher rattle, carbon canister, injector. Try to figure out where exactly its coming from.

Ph1 172
Tapping could be anything tbh, Spark plug, dephasher rattle, carbon canister, injector. Try to figure out where exactly its coming from.

Yes i know, was thinking along the same lines on dephaser rattle. the carbon canister is removed.

just a bit worried if cams are quite dry.

Ph1 172
My 182 was making what could be described as a tapping noise just before one of the sparkplugs came loose punching its way through a ht lead. Probably not the same with yours but might be worth a check if you havent done so in a while.

Cheers ill take that into consideration.