ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

tapping over speedbumps

Monaco 172
when i go over s speedbum, not flat out just normally, and come down off it i usually hear a *clinking* noise. metal on metal. im wondering are the wishbones loose and need ner bearings?

anyone any other ideas?

cheers

I had something similar when a spring tail had snapped off and was sat in the spring cup, hit the right bump, and tink-tink. Worth a quick look.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I had something similar when a spring tail had snapped off and was sat in the spring cup, hit the right bump, and tink-tink. Worth a quick look.

The nasty Apex springs I used for a week knocked like this but with the car on idle, lol. This could well be the problem though if your using cheap springs that have sagged over time.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I had a noise that sounded like metal scrapping, really spine-chilling. Turned out the ends of C-clamps for my exhaust were too long and scrapping on the bumps.

LY R26 230 F1 Team
Might be something rattling in the spare wheel well? locking nuts or something else you got in there?