ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tapping /clunking sound help

RB Clio 182
Hi, i had my lowering springs fitted a few days ago and all was well until today.

I jacked the car up at the drivers side so i could get under to fit my foglight bulbs, anyway i did that easy enough but when i drove it after i could hear a clunking/tapping noise as tho something is catching or not sat right. Its hard to explain,it doesnt sound like a wheel bearing and theres no play in the wheels.

Its coming from the drivers wheel area and thats the side i jacked up to fit my bulbs, anyway ive jacked it back up and i cant spot anything obvious but im not sure as im no mechanic.

The tapping/clunking noise gets faster.. the faster i go and the faster the wheels rotate, then it slows down as i come to a junction etc.

Anyone any ideas? Could the spring have jumped out of place at all after i jacked it up because it didnt do it before.

Thanks for any help, Tom :(