ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Taking the back seats out - got stuck - help required please!

Hi guys, decided to take the rear seats out this evening as I had nothing better to do and stopped me fiddling with the coilover height lol

Got the isofix bar out no probs with an extension bar however, I am now stuck

Can someone have a look at the below pic and give me a clue which part I need to sort

Is it the two "star" shaped screws at the bottom? Or the gold nuts?

IMG_2179.jpg

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
The black bolt closest to you is the only one that needs to come out.

It's a b*****d, tenner says you end up hanging off the end of a bar and round the f**k out of it, like I did :eek:

My uncle welded a nut on top of it to get it off in the end.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Buy a set of torx bits from machine mart, only about a tenner.

Get it on a midsize bar and work it out back and forth, don't swing off it, and use plenty of wd40. I still think you'll round it.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Why don't you just leave it, your selling the car, why do the back seats need to come out??

Why don't you just leave it, your selling the car, why do the back seats need to come out??

Mike, these seat beat me in the RB, by God they wont beat me again, and they have grazed my knuckles, so they will be beaten! lol

Also - cant see it selling any time this side of Xmas without me putting it on ATrader etc

None
Soak it in penetrating oil or WD40 for a day Matt then hit it straight down with a hammer to crack the rust in there before you undo it , it will then just undo nice and easy, this method works for 100 year old boiler nuts so it should be fine for the clio too :) might even just come out with a good fitting flat head screwdriver then rather than buying a torx set.

275 Trophy
Before you have a go at it and start the rounding off process, spray some WD40 or similar penetrating oil on the head and the threads if you can get to them. Make sure the head is completely free from crap to give your torx bit the best chance of working. Put a drift on it and hit it with hammer to 'shock' it and then 'tap' your bit into place. If none of that works grind it off.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
lol, I can see him popping a massive dint in the floor.

Ste, you should come to the meet next weekend in Barnsley, be the last time in the clio!

None
lol, I can see him popping a massive dint in the floor.

Ste, you should come to the meet next weekend in Barnsley, be the last time in the clio!

Cheers Mike but i dare not risk it so close to handing it over to Chris.
At least my clio will still to go to meets from next month even if i have no time anymore, like i said to Chris the other day though, if all goes well for me then i'll be back at the meets sometime in the future with a V6 :)..........if all goes pear shaped though i'll be in a 1.2 :(

Fiesta ST-3
Cheers Mike but i dare not risk it so close to handing it over to Chris.
At least my clio will still to go to meets from next month even if i have no time anymore, like i said to Chris the other day though, if all goes well for me then i'll be back at the meets sometime in the future with a V6 :)..........if all goes pear shaped though i'll be in a 1.2 :(

You never know ste... you might end up in the low grey shed!!! :D

i'll be back at the meets sometime in the future with a V6 :).......

Get in there Ste! Awesome idea....

Off to Halfords after grafting today for a torx set, gona get the swine out if its the last thing I do.

Even with the bench out and the back seats down flat, no parcell shelf - the Yozza sounds alot better :)

None
Ha ha you've seen my driveway Chris, your clio wouldn't make it past the first inch of gradient :)

Can't help with the Yozza mate sorry but If you want the Zorstec at any time it's still for sale, half the price of the yozza and i'll fit it for free too :)

Oh and Matt, as for the V6, Gotta have dreams right mate :)........i can just see me in one of them though.

Cut/Grind - oh my god

Why don't any of you have the right tools to make life easy

I used a T40 socket on a torque wrench - lots of downwards force while undoing it - job done

If it's a bit stuck and might round off - stick the T40 bit on an impact driver and whack it with a hammer

Job done