ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tailpipes sitting in bumper incorrectly!

turbo 182
Hi there just fitted a brand new piper cat back system all the exhaust mounts are fine however the tail pipes don't fit inside the bumper cut outs centrally, they are mm's away from touching the bumper cut outa on the left hand side and need to be moved about a cm or so right so they fit central. Its the case on both tailpipes so the whole back box will need to be moved to the right. How can I do? Or is it not possible? Any help would be great. Thanks

turbo 182
image_zpsfbbbf62d.jpg

182cup & 172 racecar
Do the usual, cable ties and an old socket in the mounting, pretty standard procedure on about 80% of Clio exhausts.

turbo 182
I'm wondering if the mounts that are bolted to the car which the rear exhaust mounts are bolted to have been knocked/bent and could be bent or pushed in the direction i would need them to go?....

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Mine sits wrong too, I'm having to get my hangers adjusted as the bodge I have done atm is pretty crap and probably puts the rest of the exhaust under strain.

turbo 182
Mine sits wrong too, I'm having to get my hangers adjusted as the bodge I have done atm is pretty crap and probably puts the rest of the exhaust under strain.
how are you getting your bangers adjusted mate? Have you got a piper system aswell?

Clio Sport 182
i had same problem with my k-tec system, wasnt quite as bad as yours but the pipes were no where near the same level.
to centralise the tailpipes; remove hangers, file the holes out in the brakets (in the direction they require moving) and refit them with suitable washers. Also use cable ties to pull the exhaust bracket to one side of the rubber mount.
i also tryed putting washers between the hangers and chassis to get the pipes the same level, but eventually heated the exhaust bracket itself up and bent it slightly. be carefull you don't melt the bumper if you do this tho!!
case of trial and error as in most cases i'm affraid. hope this helps

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
that will be fitted wrong at the cat join, slacken the join, move it across to the passenger side, and the tailpipes will centralise

turbo 182
that will be fitted wrong at the cat join, slacken the join, move it across to the passenger side, and the tailpipes will centralise
Ill give that ago when I get chance at weekend, but surely once i get it centred and then rejoin mid section to decat itl pull back to same position? Or am i missing something?

turbo 182
I didn't say remove, I said slacken. Once centralised you retighten and it will stsy
Ok thanks dan ill give that ago, 1 thing to note its joined to a scorpion decat could that possibly be the problem aswell? The standard system also didn't sit centre in the bumper but wasn't as noticeable as the tail pipes were alot smaller.

Clio 172 182 197 200
The scorpion decat wont effect the back box, the adjustment of the centre section as dan says should correct your issue.

The scorpions just dont fit but the piper one is very good

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Scorpion ones fit perfectly fine, you just need new hangers at the rear and probably centre too, mine is spot on.

Not many people mention that the hangers are actually designed to be adjustable, like the way you get two bolts but 4 holes, and they slide about, it needs a lot of playing around with to get it right but you don't really need to go sticking a 17MM socket in there ( but whoever thought of this was a lege )

Arctic 182 & PB 172
My ktec/janspeed pipes are also off center, but to the right! They just never sit right. I have just accepted this as a 182 quirk! Other than that, I love my exhaust. Not enough people on here have the ktec one. Its awesome!