ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Symptoms of a faulty Oxygen Sensor

Renault Clio MK4 RS
Hi all,

Can anyone tell me what the main symptoms of a faulty Oxygen Sensor?

Also is an oxygen sensor basically a Lambda Sensor?

and can anyone tell me how long it would take for a garage to replace the part? 1hour?

get it on diagnostics and look at the voltage, check my previous thread and you can see what it should look like - a heartbeat

i did it on the driveway with ramps, about 30 mins because of that damn plug above the subframe.

Expect a garage with a lift could do it in 15.

182 ff
like boz said it eats petrol,mine broke,a garage said my front one had gone,
took it another place they did a diagnostic test(print out) it was the back one that had gone.

on the 182 they are the same.
I replaced both(reanult wanted £100 each) I got 2 bosh ones from euro parts for £110.
easy to replace with a ramp ,quick job.
if u take it a garage spray each with dw40 nite before.
cost £40 with the test too.
mine failed the mot you see.
with new sensors fitted(and mani/spring kit) it felt like a new car,couldnt believe the difference.
Hi all,

Can anyone tell me what the main symptoms of a faulty Oxygen Sensor?

Also is an oxygen sensor basically a Lambda Sensor?

and can anyone tell me how long it would take for a garage to replace the part? 1hour?

Renault Clio MK4 RS
like boz said it eats petrol,mine went,a garage said my front one had gone,
took it another place they did a diagnostic test(print out) it was the back one that had gone.

on the 182 they are the same.
I replaced both(reanult wanted £100 each) I got 2 bosh ones from euro parts for £110.
easy to replace with a ramp ,quick job.
if u take it a garage spray each with dw40 nite before.
cost £40 with the test too.
mine failed the mot you see.
with new sensors fitted(and mani/spring kit) it felt like a new car,couldnt believe the difference.

Mines only a 1.2 8v clio so there around £60 from ebay. Cant believe how much they are for what they are!