ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sygic Aura

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
I'd imagine tomtom are now thinking "oh shite".

Unless they've got a complete rewrite of their software under their sleeves (like sygic had) it's blatantly obvious that their own engine is past its best, especially as it looks like aura is going to hit the app store at more or less the same time as the 1.3 version of tomtom does.

Still, tomtom gave me chuckles on the way home Friday with this gem of an instruction: "follow the limehouse link for 3 thousand eight hundred and eighty miles"!

it looks very smart
tomtom has always had a simple no fuss interface i doubt thats going to change it simpleness has always been tomtoms selling point

Last edited:

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
daydotz said:
tomtom has always had a simple no fuss interface i doubt thats going to change it does not need to be fancy to work well

theirs already 3d landscapes in ndrive an Igo its just better implemented with a nicer interface the route planing seems to be where all seem to fall down

its all ideas to get you away from tomtom the amount of satnav apps is growing daily they need something to pull you in ;)

It's slow as f**k though because they do the least possible effort to support multiple platforms, something all the main players have been guilty of....until now.

It's interesting that tomtom seems to have been on permanant sale for the past couple of months, maybe they realised that it was seriously overpriced for what it offered.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I may buy this as a alternative to TT Western Europe as it'll give me more free space on my 3GS.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
It's fast, f**king fast even on a 3G.

It slows down when there's lots of buildings being drawn in London (I tried by the tower of London), but even then i'd say it's about the speed of TomTom, but TomTom looks crap in comparison.

UI is a bit sucky, looks like a gash-droid application, they need to make the menus and input iPhone native.

It's fast at finding locations, TomTom crawls when selecting a destination on a 3G.

Will try it in anger later, will install on the misses 3GS as well, I expect it to fly with with the 3D eye candy.

Edit:

It's got a button on it to report police speed traps. lol