ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Swissvax Onyx on top of AG EGP?

Megane 225
Can I just go straight to Onyx after applying 3 coats of EGP, or do I need an in between stage?

Rich's Pics of the Black 182 forced me to buy some Onyx! Lol!

Megane 225
What if I heat the garage with the space heater? Can get quite hot with it! Lol! I don't have time to sit around waitin on it curing! Hahaha

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
What if I heat the garage with the space heater? Can get quite hot with it! Lol! I don't have time to sit around waitin on it curing! Hahaha
You don't have to wait long on it curing mate you can buff off after a couple of minutes but you need to let it bond nicely to the paint surface.
So leave over night and apply another layer before wax.

200 Gordini
NOOOOO

I mean after its been buffed off let it cure for 12/24 hours!

Also, you buff off after about 45mins to an hour

Megane 225
NOOOOO

I mean after its been buffed off let it cure for 12/24 hours!

Also, you buff off after about 45mins to an hour

12/24 Hrs between coats? Balls to that! It'll get 2 coats in quick succession then I'll put the wax on the next morning! It couldn't possibly take 24 hours to bond!

200 Gordini
12/24 Hrs between coats? Balls to that! It'll get 2 coats in quick succession then I'll put the wax on the next morning! It couldn't possibly take 24 hours to bond!

Just skip the step if you don't want to use it properly.

As Russ said, SRP and onyx will leave a nice looking finish

Megane 225
I had contemplated just going straight from the Menzerna Final finish to the wax. But the EGP will just help to seal in the finish and it's best to use it over the SRP as it bonds slightly better! I want to use EGP, could maybe leave out the SRP tho!

Megane R26
EGP won't bond properly, unless you IPA wipedown first. EGP likes being on top of SRP.

Personally, I'd look at one of the other paint cleansers such as Lime Prime, Cleaner Fluid etc

Megane 225
Just skip the step if you don't want to use it properly.

As Russ said, SRP and onyx will leave a nice looking finish

Surely when you do a second coat it's just to top up and maybe get the bits you missed the 1st time? The EGP won't remove the layer below it as there is no solvent in it? So therefore if I do the EGP late at night then leave for 8 hrs overnight, I could wax in the morning? 24hrs seems excessive!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
No gap needed. Just fire it on. EGP dull's the paint tho. so. i'd wipe it off first.

de-grease - Swissvax cleaner fluid and then onyx.

Megane R26
Exactly, just use a paint cleanser then Onyx. I don't see what EGP will add for you.

Or, FK #215, #1000P, Onyx. Bling bling!

200 Gordini
Surely when you do a second coat it's just to top up and maybe get the bits you missed the 1st time? The EGP won't remove the layer below it as there is no solvent in it? So therefore if I do the EGP late at night then leave for 8 hrs overnight, I could wax in the morning? 24hrs seems excessive!

Im talking from the polishing stage, i.e you haven't applied egp yet.

If you have previously put some on then the first layer will have set by now :cool:

To get the most out of egp, ideally you should apply > let cure for 45min/1hr > Remove > Let set 12/24hrs.

Ph1 172 + Combo van
Acrylic jett stuff? Durable as EGP but no time to bond and cure. Will stick to SRP too apparantly.

Megane 225
Think I'm gonna go with the Menzerna polish and then Megs Mirror Glaze, then some Onyx! AG EGP is just too much hassle!